Fun exercises

Options
tnicmorris
tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I started at 300 but I am down to 268. Yay! Anyways, I was wondering: what kinds of exercises does everyone do? How do you keep yourself from getting bored with it? Do you switch it up or do you do one thing until you get bored, then switch to something else. Also, are there any runners in the group? I was thinking about getting into jogging, but I don't know if my body can handle it.

As of right now, I do Zumba or Just Dance on the Wii. I also have a gym membership, but because I don't have to leave my house to do the Wii, I prefer that.

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have zumba too for the wii but find I don't do it much. I do however go to a zumba class and even go to water zumba every once and a while.....(I enjoy the mix up)....also during the summer months I do a lot of outdoor activities besides doing the gym.....in the winter/fall months I work with a trainer. Each session with him is different and gives me variety. I take what I learn from him and do some of it on days I don't meet with him along with some other things like zumba, elliptical...etc. As far as running I am not into that. I struggle with feet issues that require me to wear special shoes....because of these feet issues I don't run, running actually causes pain in my feet
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I swim a mile plus 3 times a week, do circuit & strength training with a personal trainer once a week, and am just starting biking and walking in anticipation of an upcoming sprint triathlon. In a couple of weeks I'm going to try kayaking. One of my closest friends & I are looking into latin dance lessons soon too. I'm always up for trying something new.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A fun exercise is aquazumba.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajv8AMBNwsY
    I love to swim laps for my cardio and do strength training a couple days a week.
  • mep0430
    mep0430 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I really REALLY don't like to exercise. I do it because I must, not because I want to. That being said, I have a Bowflex TreadClimber and I watch Netflix while I'm on it. I work my way through TV series that I never got around to before. I also have a 3-day a week circuit at Planet Fitness. For that one, I just have a playlist on my iPhone that I listen to. I've considered doing a class like Zumba or something, but I can never get anyone to go with me and PF doesn't have them so I would need to go to another gym.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do strength training and find that working to increase the weight I can lift gets me motivated enough to keep going. As for cardio, I just put an hour-long playlist full of good music on my phone and go until the music stops. If you use a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, etc., most of them have a little shelf where you can put your phone/tablet and watch movies, too.

HTH!