How did you discover Leslie Sansone's videos?

Options
rainbow198
rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
When I started getting serious about my fitness last spring I started walking outside. After about a month or so my area got rain for 3 days in a row. I was anxious to continue my walks, but I couldn't.

I went online to try and do some workout videos, but I was really out of shape and couldn't do much. Then I discovered a Leslie video. I first thought it would be too easy. Come on...walking in place? How hard could it be? Boy was I wrong! I could barely keep up with 1 mile and I was dripping with sweat when I was done, but I did not feel beat up or worn out.

I have been hooked ever since that day and now I average anywhere from 2 - 6 miles a day 4 - 5 times per week and sometime I walk twice a day!!

How did you discover Walk At Home videos?

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Aren't they great? That is what happened to me - tried walking outside and weather/schedules got in the way. I had an old VHS of Leslie that my sister gave me and started doing that instead. I started to collect the DVDs. SEVEN years later, I still work them into my weekly routine (although I do other stuff now, too). It is truly the exercise for life. If you haven't done a Leslie workout with weights, consider picking up the new "Walk it Off in 30." It has both a 30 minute good cardio section and a 30 minute strength session to be used on alternating days.

Walk strong!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I heard of Leslie Sansone a long time ago, but I brushed it off as old-lady workouts. One day I didn't feel like working out, so I thought I'd find something "easy" on YouTube. I picked a Leslie Sansone walking workout, and I was so surprised! I really enjoyed it, loved her personality and chatter, and got a much better workout than I thought I would! I moved on to trying the ones with weights and longer distances, like the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk.

I am hooked now, because I kept trying to force myself to do workouts like Turbo Fire and Tae Bo and other high-impact workouts, and I would end up feeling discouraged and depressed because I couldn't keep up or my knees hurt. Leslie's workouts are realistic and do-able, and still a good calorie burn! I feel motivated to do them instead of dreading them, so I am finally getting back into working out consistently.
  • grannyjoe
    grannyjoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Years ago my husband was on Nutri System. they sent him Leslies dvd with the order. I loved it and started to buy more. The last one I got was walk it off in 30 Days,
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your replies!

Granny- Have you tried Walk It Off in 30 yet?

RisingAboveIt - I completely agree with you regarding forcing yourself to do harder workouts. With Leslie I get a full body workout in without putting any stress on my knees and I feel great afterwards...not like I want to die. lol I give her credit for helping me reach my fitness goals.

Dorothy - Is that you with Leslie?! *jealous* :)
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I found Leslie Sansone's book *Walk Away the Pounds: The Breakthrough 6-Week Program That Helps You Burn Fat, Tone Muscle, and Feel Great Without Dieting* in audio format from my local library. After downloading it and listening to it I was fascinated and curious, but audio was a good introduction but not a good format for working the plan. So I borrowed the paper copy from the library. I followed pretty much the 6 week program except I added miles quite q bit faster than her plan and tweeked things to fit my ability or needs and to make sense to me. Spending most of my time trying to work the walking part of the plan and incorporating other ideas bit by bit as I desired. Of course I had to renew it to finish the book and program :wink: .

Inside the back cover was a one mile walk DVD. The first few times I used it I could hardly finish, but finish I did.
    I also started to borrow LS DVDs from the library. After a while I began to purchase a few.

I'll never forget the first three miler I did. * Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles* When I hit that mile stone I knew that I was hooked, line and sinker :smile:

And the rest is history as they say.

Texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Around 7 years ago, I was on another calorie counting site fitday.com. I saw a banner ad for WAH. I was looking for a exercise program I could do indoors (Winter was on its way). So I clicked on the ad. The reviews on the WAH site sounded almost too good to be true. The DVD was only $15 so I figured why not see if the WAH reviews were true. And yes they were.

I own 8 WAH DVDs now, and have given 2 of the ones I was tired of or no longer met my fitness levels to friends. They loved WAH, too.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Dorothy - Is that you with Leslie?! *jealous* :)

Me too!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Way back in the late 80's, early 90's I found a reference to Collage Video in the back of a eating light magazine. Been a customer of theirs ever since.

My very first workout video was Basic Stepping with Walk Aerobics featuring Leslie Sansone. Loved it. Lost 25 lbs doing it, Weight Watcher and a muscle toning workout by someone else.
  • shewanna
    shewanna Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think I picked up a vhs tape at the goodwill and came home and tried it out and fell in love with it
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It was suggested to me by a friend right here on mfp =)
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, I originally brushed them off as 'old lady' workouts. :embarassed: I purchased a couple a long time ago during one of my many injury flare-ups. :frown: My main workout programs were Beachbody ones like Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, P90X, etc. and although I loved them - with all the high impact & twisting moves my poor knees couldn't take it anymore. I finally realized those programs were just not for me anymore and Leslie has become my main go-to gal. :heart: Sometimes I toss in some Slim in 6 or a couple others for variety, but I now own 20+ of Leslie's dvds and am always eager to order any new ones she has coming out. I've tried a couple other walk dvds with different leaders but no one is like Leslie!