Daily Check-in 2020

Options
Shanel0916
Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
Hey, I'm going to use this spot to check-in daily somewhat of an open diary for weight loss and fitness goals. I lost a significant amount of weight a while back and this is how I started. Anyone who wants to use this chat as a check-in as well is more than welcome. Let's share our journey's! :)

***So today my focus is staying within my calories for once or at least close to them. I have hypertension which I already take medicine for and my last blood work showed high cholesterol which the Dr. wanted to give me medication for but I refused and said I'd work on my diet so here I am. I will have blood work done again at the beginning of October and definitely would like to show improvement. I ordered myself spin bike to help with cardio I have a treadmill but that gets a bit boring. I like lifting weights but I'm afraid of the gym right now (corona), eventually I would like to have my own at home gym set up.

Replies

• IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this check-in. 2020 has been one rough year and as always food is about the easiest route to comfort, so the scale has been creeping up. So far my health is pretty good, but I know all the weight I’m carrying isn’t good. So I’ve joined MFP again and trying to remember the things My wife and I did the last time we were really successful. Tracking was one. We also had aMFP community so that this was a lifestyle or culture. So I’vedone this before. I know it’s possible. Let’s do this!,,
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    So far so good. Under today and about to watch a movie with accounted for buttered popcorn.
  • Shanel0916
    Options
    I fell off but here I am with a plan for now. Intermittent fasting 16:8, protein smoothies will replace 2 meals and cycling/dumbbell workout first thing in the am. My plan is to use this as a jump start to losing weight. Working from home hasn’t been easy I’ve gained 25lbs now it’s time to get out of this rut with a routine!
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    @Shanel0916 Sounds like a plan! That’s around what I’ve gained. We got into the quarantine baking and ordering in and not a lot of activity. We lost weight easily before doing Paleo, so we are loosely following that.
  • Shanel0916
    Options
    Yes I have been snacking and ordering take out during this quarantine as well. I have to take control.

***Today was a success did a peloton HIIT class this morning 30mins, walked on the treadmill for 30mins in the afternoon and did another 30mins before bed. Stayed within my calorie goal and followed the IF eating window.
  • Shanel0916
    Options
    Yesterday went well stayed below calories and actually went out for a bike ride. This is day three I’m a daily weigher so I had a nice drop on the scale which is probably water weight for now but I’ll take it :)
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    Deboned two quarts of ice cream we made for the holiday. Ate 1/2 cup servings four days straight and that was enough. Really enjoying eating whole food. Good day.
  • Shanel0916
    Options
    Another good day 50 mintues on the treadmill and 23 on the bike, stayed under goal. Just need to drink a bit more water.
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    Sounds great! That should have been “donated” not “deboned.” Figured out how to eat more protein next week, but now the puzzle will be upping protein without increasing fat. Beans maybe? Under today. For now concentrating on healthy eating right now.
  • crystaldford
    crystaldford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a plan in the beginning of 2020 but I am happy to be alive to try again so I got a Fitbit and friends and we are trying together
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    @crystaldford sounds like a great plan. This year has thrown a all for a loop.
  • nycegurl74
    nycegurl74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies good luck on losing weight. This is my 3rd attempt trying to lose weight. Today is my 5th day of working out and drinking 1 gallon of water. So far so good:)
  • babygurl724
    babygurl724 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting over again. Need some motivation and encouragement. :'(
  • Shanel0916
    Options
    Starting over again. Need some motivation and encouragement. :'(

You are not alone I started over today and will continue to restart until I get this right.
  • Adubmarie87
    Adubmarie87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone trying to lose this Covid 15 or 20lbs in my case! I am eating better but definitely need to work out more. Stay strong and healthy folks!