4th of July morning Joe

Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,080 Member
Keep your spirits up. Finally getting first ripe tomato from ultra-early variety. Up way too early. Will bike wetlands at dawn. Heal up folks

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th BBB.

Wow. Never have I seen Bob start us off. Hope he gets a nap this afternoon.

Got more much needed rain overnight. It was a relatively dry spring and with the heat wave in June, things got a bit parched. Rivers and streams are low.

Gonna live the salt life tomorrow. Uber psyched.

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th BBB!

Another day in the 90's here! No a/c in the glamper uugghhh. Cant run off of 110V. Lots of fans on at night going, hasn't been too aweful.

I flagged up military vet and fireman Chris' front yard with 20 flags he had in garage, and also bought him yard art from the yard sale across street of a wooden fireman that holds the garden hose, today's he is holding a flag. It's pretty cheesy decor. More of a joke. He is a gem and has no problem with us parking glamper here in his yard, til we move in our new place Sept 16. We'll pay him some more rent, of course.

The tools have 2 boats now parked, one on each side of our previous pier on sold lot. New people haven't moved on yet and I doubt they got their permission to use their frontage and pier, do ya think??? Oh well. Their problem now. Smh.

Our pontoon boat seems to be fixed so far, we will see if on day 2 it's still charging today.

Tom's kids spent 2 nites here and now gone, they have a bbq 4th party to attend today back home. Sounds like dds Oct 2 wedding venue is saying they will accommodate 200 guests, so they will be proceeding as planned, so far. They will require earlier rsvps, and put a note in each invite of their understanding if not comfortable attending during these pandemic times....or something to that.

Enjoy the day everyone! Be safe oxoxox

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,922 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Happy Independence Day, gang!

Perfect and sunny here. Calls for some pool time and some cold libations and grilling.

Laying low.

Mr. Coops got clipped yesterday and is really nursing it....he rebounded rather quickly (o2) - thanks for the advice, Doc!

Cheers everyone! ~skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB.

We had thunderstorms nearby yesterday but only a few drops of rain. Our dog is pretty afraid of weather (she earned us) so the long walk was cancelled and we just went around the neighborhood after the sun came back out about 7.

Might try to go to the used outdoor stores today. We both want some better hiking clothes but really don't want to spend full retail since we don't NEED them. Plus I would like not to buy any clothes in this size. A few more lbs down and I will be muh happier. Maintained while at dads but now need to focus weight loss again.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,844 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Happy Independence Day!

Staying home, staying safe.

Our garden has produced snow peas, strawberries and kale. I laugh at the idea of ripe tomatoes. We'll be lucky to see any by September.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,474 Member
    Options
    Happy Independence Day BBB Friends!
    • Our weather seems to be the opposite of yours Lee. We've had a very wet YTD but dry now. Rain is supposed to come back next week.
    • Low key holiday in our 'hood too. A few things going on in the neighborhood. Our Vets club usually sponsors a big neighborhood cookout but not doing it this year.
    • We had fish fresh out of the lake last night. They were good but cleaning them is a lot of work.
    • It will be interesting to see what the virus stats look like in 2 weeks. Stay safe.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th
    Sunny got allergy shot yesterday, has lots more energy; reckon will be a monthly thing for awhile
    Will put a rack of ribs on Weber this afternoon, I try to slow cook usually takes about 4 hours
    Need to do annual cleaning of gas grill, notice oil dripping out from under it while frying some fish; I prefer to do all frying on grill so as not to smell up or leave film on inside of house.
    Picked up whole beef brisket yesterday will more than likely wait till next weekend to smoke
    We are beginning to get tomatoes and zucchini rabbits have enjoyed okra and beans to point one can no longer tell they were planted but after 3 plantings and nothing to show doubt will replant till a wild hair flares up.
    Bob, just because this is 4th do not need to be up before 4