4th July cuppa Joe

Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,080 Member
Nice hike Dave. My knee which isn't bone on bone seems to like fresh tumeric & black pepper in my veggie omelette. I feel blessed but no 19 mile hikes for me right now.
Heal up and keep your spirits up guys.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th gents.

Dave, I don't know if I could do 10 miles right now. You are an Iron Man.

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Dave, I agree with the other guys. 19 miles is way out of range for me. I am waiting for cooler weather so I might try for 5 or 6 miles. 19 is just wow!

It is going to be way hot and sticky today. What I like about my new smoker, is that it is pretty much set it and forget it. I plan to bake a peach cobbler in a cast iron skillet on it this morning, and then this afternoon will be the traditional burgers. I have not done burgers on this grill yet, so I'm curious to see how they turn out.

We picked three nice looking squash yesterday. I will cook them probably tomorrow. We are going to have a ton of squash this year. Tomatoes are getting closer. We have some cherry tomatoes that can be picked today.

Chores this morning, hopefully some chair time this afternoon.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,844 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Two threads. Which to choose?

Happy Independence Day. Also, happy Philippine/American Friendship Day.

Staying home. It will be a quiet 4th for us. Could hear a lot of fireworks last night. Interesting, since it is illegal, here. Hope the police are out enforcing the law, tonight.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th
    Will put a rack of ribs on Weber this afternoon, I try to slow cook usually takes about 4 hours
    Need to do annual cleaning of gas grill, notice oil dripping out from under it while frying some fish; I prefer to do all frying on grill so as not to smell up or leave film on inside of house.
    Picked up whole beef brisket yesterday will more than likely wait till next weekend to smoke
    We are beginning to get tomatoes and zucchini rabbits have enjoyed okra and beans to point one can no longer tell they were planted but after 3 plantings and nothing to show doubt will replant till a wild hair flares up.
    Bob, just because this is 4th do not need to be up before 4