Tick prevention

Options
CoachFrenchie
CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
Just wanted to hear what people do for their dogs...mine is on Trio. And since she has Lyme disease I try to tell people to be careful. Believe me it is worth the investment...my dog will never reach her full potential. She is on antibiotics every day for 6 months, and the neurological issues are endless. She had it when I purchased her and I did not know....

Replies

• Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My vet in Colorado did not see a need unless we were going to do a lot of camping/hiking in the mountains or grasslands. But we may need to check in with him if we keep losing weight and want to tackle some mountain bikes.
  • bribbles90
    bribbles90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using Nexgard for about 7 years now. All my dogs (3, as of now) have had no issues, and we live on 10+ acres of woods, boarding more forest. If only they had something for us humans. @CoachFrenchie, I am sorry to hear about your pup.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I've been using Frontline injections. Once a month treatment. So far, so good after two treatments.

And staying out of the bush. I hate that part, because I like to hike in hilly areas with brush and tall grass. Unfortunately, that's where the ticks are.