Great Goal! Me, too.

usnadog
usnadog Posts: 1 Member
Hello Marilyn and Group,

I'm Teri, and I'm 55. I weigh 254 pounds and I am having a hip replacement next week. I'm signing onto MFP because I want to make a habit of logging my food and paying attention to what I eat and how I move each day. I'm hoping to make a few friends with similar goals, so we can support each other.

I, too, want a realistic goal that allows me to eat my favorite foods, in smaller amounts. I personally look forward to chicken wings and craft beer on Saturdays; my favorite family-run restaurant is a comfy and fun place to hang out. MFP will let me bank food around that lunch-dinner meal and still enjoy the atmosphere and have a lot of fun with friends each week. I will still lose weight because I'm not going to go nuts with food for the day, and I am going to record movement and exercise.

Since I'm having the hip replacement, the doctor is recommending a treadmill for now to exercise - easiest on the joint, I guess. The gyms are closed, so I will save up for one next month. This means I can do the exercise and eat as I would like to, but mindfully, and lose this weight.

My goal is to lose four pounds a month. My ultimate goal is to be 160 in 2 years, and then go into maintenance.

Look forward to hearing from you!