Motivational chat

Options
Give and receive guidance here

Replies

• islandersteve90
    islandersteve90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know it seems hard to lose weight because nowadays everything/one seems against us. Billboards, fast foods, friends and family that maybe could support more. However, with the right mindset, it’s achievable. First thing I learned, is you have to do it, cant slack off or cave when someone eats junk, you’ll just feel worse later and binge. Whenever your feeling weak, remember why you started in the first place.
  • Karenrae3
    Karenrae3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found that once I started to eat right, my cravings went away. I'm Intermittent Fasting everyday. Last meal of the day is 7 or 8pm then I break my fast 16 hours later at 11 or 12. I will drink coffee and water in the am. Not having to calorie count, just listening to my body when its full. Have cut out all sugar and sticking to low glycemic carbs. Would like to have a fitness buddy my age who has the same challenges.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @Karenrae3 what’s your age? I also IF but I have to count calories too. Right now I do about 16:8 but at one point I was doing 23:1 and even then I could easily eat 2000 calories of healthy food if I let myself.

@islandersteve90 I think what’s key is to figure out what motivates you and what your triggers are. I have no real temptation towards junk food but for me the problem is volume. It doesn’t matter how healthy the food is, if you eat too many calories you gain weight.
  • islandersteve90
    Options
    Thanks for joining. I too am doing IF. I stop eating at 6pm and start after 12pm...so at least 18 hours each day. When I eat right, yes, you want better foods i agree. Thinking of doing more fruits and vegetables early on, as I have garden that’s producing some stuff. I have been looking into keto, watching dr berg on YouTube. Also been listening to sadhguru and his thoughts on diet. Tomorrow I’ll definitely think of this group if I get any weak thoughts. Thanks again for joining.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Options
    Oooh a garden that’s producing- I’m jealous! Our (husband and I) aim if lockdown ever ends (day 113 for us now) and borders ever reopen is to move somewhere we can grow a lot of our own produce.
  • islandersteve90
    Options
    Hope everyone’s day went well. Good luck on that garden
  • islandersteve90
    Options
    A few days in and my bad food cravings are subsiding. It’s amazing how sugar can control the mind, but even more amazing when you can walk away from it. I’ve done this a few times now, so I know the routine.

I hope our newer members start posting and getting involved. Myself will post weekly check ins on Thursday's. But feel free to post daily weigh ins or motivation for yourself or others. Posting your goals for more to see may help you stay on track.

If nothing else maybe you can find one other person on here instead of a group to pair with. Good luck

• Xiaolongbao
    Options
    That’s great that you are noticing your cravings subsiding.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    A few days in and my bad food cravings are subsiding. It’s amazing how sugar can control the mind, but even more amazing when you can walk away from it. I’ve done this a few times now, so I know the routine.

I have also experienced the same thing. Sugar is truly a drug and makes you crave it more and more and more. Don't forget to watch out for hidden sugars, it's important to read those food labels and look for added sugar!