Made some bad choices on a road trip, but now I’m back in my 100% vegan kitchen ❤️

Options
Ghanima1
Ghanima1 Posts: 3 Member
Just went on a 2 week long trip and a ton of places didn’t even have a vegetarian option. I’ve only recently become vegan and my heart hurts because I know I did the wrong thing with the food choices I made. I’m vegan for the environment, the animals, and my own health. I value eating foods that don’t hurt others.

I’m looking for more vegan friends on MFP. I make better choices when I’m part of a community that’s in line with my values. Please add me and let’s chat about eating plants!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Were you traveling in the US? I'm in the US and have traveled frequently for work and I found that my ability to find/create vegan-friendly meals got better once I had been vegan for a while. I also got better at pre-planning my needs (bringing foods along, knowing what type of places to stop, etc). It gets easier (at least in the US, I can't speak to other countries). Now (about fourteen years vegan), I feel like I can scrape together something to eat just about anywhere (even if it's a sad side salad and some fruit). But was I that way year one? Haha, nope.

I get the emotions involved, but when I have a bad experience I find it really helps to figure out if there is a lesson I can take forward to the future to make it easier and forgive myself for the stuff that I can't change. I think it's great that you're approaching this as a "now I'm back" rather than deciding that veganism is too hard and giving up. What a great attitude! I think you've got this. :)