Hey y'all!

Options
alligatorob
alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
I guess I am late at joining the group. I have lost most of my weight already, but am struggling to try and figure out how to get into maintenance. I expect that struggle to be greater than losing the weight.

I am a 67 year old man, and have been overweight all my life, most of it by more than 100 lbs. My peak weight a few years back was 360 lbs. Last year at 320 lbs I began the diet I am on now, and have gotten down to 167. Not my first diet by any means, but my most successful. All of my past diets have ended in bingeing and regaining the weight. I sure don't want that to happen this time, guess that is why I am here.

To those interested my successful diet has been simple, I track my calories very closely and have kept them low, probably averaging 1,200 for over a year. No exceptions, no cheat days, no gimmicks. I have started regular exercise. The exercise helps and makes me feel better, but it is really the diet that I credit for most of the weight loss. I have used MFP and other forums to find the help and support of others, could not have done it without that.

Now I need to find a way to transition from weight loss to maintenance. Am hoping being here will help me.