Vaccinating or not?

Options
CoachFrenchie
CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
Well so many opinions on the subject! Seems that many people do not have their dogs vaccinated anymore....what is your opinion on the subject? Yeah or nay, and what are the mandatory vaccines in your part of the world?

Replies

• saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize folks weren't vaccinating their pets. It makes sense, I guess, if you have concerns about vaccines in general. While I do share some of the concerns that vaccine skeptics have, we do vaccinate ourselves and our pet.

Daisy is fully vaccinated for what is recommended here -- I don't have her files handy, but whatever the regular ones are, plus against tick-borne illnesses, plus she has 6-month kennel cough vaccinations so that if we need or want to board her in the local kennel/hotels, we can.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    We always do rabies, as that is law. I have been reading about other vaccines, and maybe they only need a booster vac after 5yrs, or not at all. So, I'm ok with fully vaccinating once, and then waiting.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    We do de-worm monthly and do flea/tick prevention as needed
  • NDShaySherlock
    NDShaySherlock Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My boys are vaccinated and treated for worms, fleas and ticks. I'd rather not see them harmed by my stupidity or negligence.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    We have a tick epidemic. I removed 30 + ticks from Lily recently. The majority got by our 1/2 dozen or more tick checks every day and were attached. It seems the lyme vaccines, are working. She is vigorous and happy.

That said she had a seizure after receiving the vaccines plus all required shots. She was on Simparica tick preventive last year and started to have regular seizures so we stopped use. Hopefully the vaccine will keep her safe.

Not paid by Charlotte's Web CBD, but I always keep top strength CBD oil on hand for seizures (people or cainine) and migraines. Charlotte's Web is the original CBD product, made in US by the Hanson brothers of Colorado for baby Charlotte and other children like her with seizure disorder. It's a miracle. During a seizure I apply along gums. We wrap pup in blanket and take outside as they usually relieve themselves during the event. Come around quickly in a minute or two and appreciate being outside.