How is everyone?

Options
Hey, its been awhile since anyone has posted and I would like to keep the momentum going. Just tell us how you've been and what you've been up to. Anything really.

Replies

• GabbieRunsAllDay
    GabbieRunsAllDay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ran a half marathon on Saturday!!
  • laura14fit
    laura14fit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow, Gabriel, bravo you! That is inspiring. Way to go.
  • laura14fit
    Options
    Hi Jorge, so......I 've been away a bit too. My husband had hip replacement surgery, which went well. He is in recovery mode and I'm getting back to normal. Relying on restaurant or hotel food for a few days always throws my BS out of whack. I strive for good decisions but there is a LOT of temptation out there. However, I have been encouraged by your exercise success to keep up my routine, 22 days out of 31 in August and thus far 7 out of 8 days for September. Thank you, Jorge! Its also creeping into fall weather so gardening is winding down. We have a LOT of tomatoes so time to look at favourite fall recipes and some pickling.
  • laura_b00
    laura_b00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got my new A1C back from the doctor, it's 6.9. It may seen a little high but it's below 7.0 which is what the doctor wanted. I ashamed to say it was 10.2 a year ago, astronomical to say the least. I've changed my diet and am watching my carbs. Exercise is iffy. Because of my age the doctor thinks the gym is not the safest place to exercise, so we're walking. I'm working on lowering some additional percentages(?) or points (?). How are you all doing?
  • laura14fit
    Options
    Wonderful news. Everyone's diabetes is different. Don't shame yourself gor the number. You're doing really well. My doctor wants me to keep my numbers between 7 and 8, which seems astronomically high to me because I was running at 5 to 6. BUT I was getting too many lows, below 4, which are scary and very bad for one s health. So a higher number with NO lows is the way to go. Seems like it would be easy to do bit no, not so much. Having no lows is great but I have a very hard time with the concept of normalizing what I feel, as opposed to think is too high a number.
    So, well done, you......you inspire me.