This is a good idea!

Options
I could use some healthy kamado recipes.

I was a big green egg owner for a long time, but a couple of years ago replaced it with a big red kamado. I used to use it a lot, mostly to bbq big greasy meals, tasted great but lots of calories. Since going on my diet I have not used it at all.

Now I would like to see if I can get back into it, but need to figure out something other than my old usual, slow cooked smoked pork butt and ribs. Hoping to see activity here soon!

Replies

• AucturitasJones
    Options
    I'll be posting a chicken rotisserie recipe soon. I love smoked food and I cold smoke cheese and tofu, its all good stuff. I agree the greasy BBQ stuff has great flavor. The only thing I can say about those is they have their place and portion limitations are really what allow me to eat them knowing I cant have too much of something coated with sauce. But man the taste!!! What has been your favorite grilled food? My daughter also grills a ton of vegetables fresh from the garden and so we get alot of leftovers and stuff from her that are great.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to seeing your recipes. My absolute favorite was slow cooked pork butt. I would get the largest I could find and put it on a low burn with a lot of smoke for 18 hours. Great falling apart smoked pork, delicious, pre-diet I ate it by the pound! Now a thing of my past. But I still have the kamado that I'd like to put back to work. I have all the plate setter equipment for smoking and am pretty good at getting a small fire that will last up to 24 hours in the thing. Here is mine:
    eyp5zf6tsq71.jpg