September 15 NSV’s (Non Scale Victories!)

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
edited September 2020 in Social Groups
Hi Habit Builders!

Let’s give ourselves a mid-month boost because EVERYONE is doing SO WELL!

Post things that are working for you that aren’t about a pound or a kilogram!!

I’m smiling as I type this, as it’s always such a fun series of posts to read!

(Idea taken form the Ultimate Accountability Challenge - a highly recommended MFP group!)

ENJOY!
Maddie 💞

@77tes
@nebslp
@PackerFanInGB
@SummerSkier
@texasgardnr
@themedalist

Who am I forgetting?!!!

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    How about adding PackerFaninGB? She’s been working on water intake, I believe.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Oh my gosh, yes!! Thank you @nebslp !’
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    OK I guess I will start.

My NSV is that I don't weigh myself and haven't for several months. Amazing how freeing that is not dealing with the whimsies of the scale up and down mentally :)

and I have been maintaining hard to believe working remotely for SIX MONTHS (today is exact) during this awful pandemic.

and how do I know? Well I do track my intake and exercise. And I watch how my swim suits and jeans fit.

vovbb60t8x0k.png

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    This month marks 2 years of daily yoga practice- I started in August of 2018. I’m still doing beginner routines, but my flexibility is so much better! My husband mentioned it yesterday.

It’s been a year since I’ve been doing Flylady- started that last August too. My house is so much better -husband mentioned that too.

Both of these habits were ones I started in this group that have really stuck!

At almost 65, I’m stronger, more flexible, and have a tidier house than ever! Those are some glorious NSVs!

Solid habit of journaling is started. I don’t think I’ve ever managed to journal for 15 day straight before.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @77tes those are incredible!!! It's SO important to be strong and flexible as we get older! Seems like those are the first things to slowly creep away.

CONGRATULATIONS. Way amazing NSVs!!!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes I may have said this before, but on days that I check my feed I know that you will almost always show up there having done some form of exercise. That's very remarkable in my opinion, and it's something I strive for (but apparently not hard enough)! So to see how consistent you are with Flylady and Yoga, and now journaling, doesn't surprise me, but it does inspire and encourage me. So thank you <3

@SummerSkier I think your method of being successful in maintenance is the best! The scale pops up and down every day (ask me how I know...insert eyeroll) so why start letting it play mind games with you when you can just use how you feel and how your clothes fit to keep you on track. I often wonder what would happen if I just stuck to a plan and trusted in the process instead of letting the scale judge how I'm doing. I think you're on to something!

* So my NSV is that I'm taking chances this month and not letting fear stop me from trying new things.
    So far in September:
    1) I took an online photography class and actually went outside to practice on manual mode :# However, I must have hit the wrong button and now nothing focuses, but I'll figure it out and fix it.

2) I registered for French Conversation 2 which starts in Oct. and am studying to brush up my meager skills so as to stave off total embarrassment.

3) I have figured out how to make picture folders to keep on the desktop and use them to organize photos that I really like and I have started moving them.

4) I am taking a 28 days to Better Free Motion Quilting class and am on day 2 and finding
    "Je peux le faire!" I can do it!

5) I have started making products to sell in an Etsy shop. This is the scariest of all, but I've been saying I would do it for over 15 years (my daughter reminded me of that last time I mentioned it) so if not now, when? It's very slow going and opening a shop has a huge learning curve for me, but at least I'm seeing some forward motion.

The victory comes when I stop looking at something and think that would it be too hard or I'm not tech savvy enough or whatever excuse I come up with at the time. I'm now thinking, what if I could do this but I never tried? What a waste that would be! So I'm trying.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi Friends!

What terrific NSV’s!!

NSV #1:
    I’ve created a system to create Balance in my life & Happiness & Peace.

The most amazing thing is after I implemented it, my appetite decreased, the quality of my food choices improved even further... amazing.

I knew I needed to develop other interests when I was losing weight. Having this loose structure to my day makes me feel limber, peaceful, productive, and creative each night as my head hits the pillow.

NSV#2
    Yesterday, my husband found some photos on his phone of me from March 2016. I am SO MUCH HEALTHIER now! *happy tears*

NSV#3
    I realized a few days ago that I no longer overeat because I don’t want to. Nearly 5 years, but I got there

All 3 of these NSV’s feel like miracles.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp I just got the presser for for my 30-35 year old sewing machine so I could try free motion stitching!

Now I just need to order some dissolvable fabric! I can’t wait! Sounds like I might be taking that class of yours soon :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @77tes
    You inspire me with your active lifestyle!

@nebslp
    You inspire me with your thirst for learning!

@SummerSkier
    You inspire me with your athletic ability & your rocking & witty sense of humor! Not to mention fancy eyelashes!

@texasgardnr
    You so touched me with your post about my husband & ER. You completely understood which brought releasing, happy tears. I was terrified & you met me there. I aspire to do the same for others.

@themedalist
    You inspire me in the way you have exercised self-care as you’ve been the most caring & capable daughter. I hope you are well. Thank you for beginning this group!

@PackerFanInGB
    We miss you & will be here when you return! You are a special part of our group!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    What a great and inspirational read these are!!! 💪💪👏🏼👏🏼💪💪
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Yes! We all ROCK!!

I will add the Last 10 days Push strand on Sept 21!!!!!

Keep on keeping on, Ladies❣️

• nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I hope you like free motion quilting as much as I'm learning to. I tried awhile back but got nothing but loops and messes underneath. Apparently I hit the magic button that is making things work out well this time (I just knocked on wood as I am a teensy bit superstitious that way). I use thin batting and make a quilt sandwich when I do it because my creations end up being table runners or potholders or things like that. But you could definitely figure out how to use dissolvable backing for artwork or ???

Year ago I ordered some things from Craftsy which put me on their list when they changed to Blueprint. It's a website that offers 1000's of classes in probably 20 or so areas. You had to pay an annual fee on Blueprint so I quit using it. Now it is changing back to Craftsy and since I had purchased some things there I am able to take any classes for free for 45 days. So I am taking full advantage and have decided I will pay the annual fee, I think about $80, because I will use it more than if I buy individual classes and I will save lots of money. So you can check it out if your interested in what they offer. craftsy.com Just thought I'd pass that along.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I hope you like free motion quilting as much as I'm learning to. I tried awhile back but got nothing but loops and messes underneath. Apparently I hit the magic button that is making things work out well this time (I just knocked on wood as I am a teensy bit superstitious that way). I use thin batting and make a quilt sandwich when I do it because my creations end up being table runners or potholders or things like that. But you could definitely figure out how to use dissolvable backing for artwork or ???

Year ago I ordered some things from Craftsy which put me on their list when they changed to Blueprint. It's a website that offers 1000's of classes in probably 20 or so areas. You had to pay an annual fee on Blueprint so I quit using it. Now it is changing back to Craftsy and since I had purchased some things there I am able to take any classes for free for 45 days. So I am taking full advantage and have decided I will pay the annual fee, I think about $80, because I will use it more than if I buy individual classes and I will save lots of money. So you can check it out if your interested in what they offer. craftsy.com Just thought I'd pass that along.

Thank you @nebslp for this tip on Crafts! I will check it out!

I only have pretty thick quilt batting, but I will remember that suggest, too!

Do you know what you changed to make the free motion stitching work better?

I’ve been drawing possible free motion paths on leaf shapes to see how to get enough intersecting stitches.d6ems18k5l41.jpeg

Do you use an embroidery hope when you free motion stitching?

Thanks!!
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    LOL and a phone call doodle haha 😂
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I do miss doodling! I used to do so much of that all the time. Now it's just playing on my phone. Maddy I sense some Xmas themes starting to show up in your art. Now I have to google fee motion quilting.

Rita I forgot to mention that my sister is French CA and there is an entire HORDE of my family who is primarily French speaking. It's fun to have them all on facebook and follow the conversation. I took years and years of French in high school but am certainly not fluent. Do you have a trip planned?
  • 77tes
    Options
    I have another NSV. I put on a jacket that was too tight the last I wore it in March - fit great! 👌😊
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    AHA! so your quarantine 10 is gone!!! Good for you.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    I have another NSV. I put on a jacket that was too tight the last I wore it in March - fit great! 👌😊

@77tes 💞❤️❤️💞
    I am SO Happy for you!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Another NSV: I remembered to use my deep breathing & softening my heart during an intense political discussion, and then went to art table (and disengaged from group discussion.) #Self-Care Rules
  • 77tes
    Options
    Another NSV: I remembered to use my deep breathing & softening my heart during an intense political discussion, and then went to art table (and disengaged from group discussion.) #Self-Care Rules

@MadisonMolly2017 , what a great idea for self-care! Political discussions can get so heated and leave you frustrated. I have unfollowed all my friends on Facebook who want to engage in the angry political debates of the day. It's not that I think the topics aren't important, it's just that I need to maintain a quiet mind.