OCTOBER NSV’s!!

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
Time to become totally immodest...well you know what I mean...🤣... list all your wins (big or small) Brag away!! Just nothing with the scale :)

PS Feel free to celebrate scale victories in the “I Will” chat!

Here’s to the second half of October!
🎃 👻 🤖 👸 🐧🤡😼🦄
👷🏻👨🏽‍🌾👩🏻‍🎤🦸🏼‍♂️🧙🏽🧛🏻🧜🏿‍♀️
🧚🏻💃🦊🐸
🦋🐲

Replies

• WorkInProgress_1
    WorkInProgress_1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am back in MFP after having some problems with my ED recovery and not being in a healthy place to track. I am back and working in my wellness. In recovery since 2001 from Bulimia and a relapse last December. Getting stronger! 💪🏼
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Welcome @RecoveryWarrior_1 !!
    That’s a GREAT NSV!!
    ❤️
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @RecoveryWarrior_1 Welcome to our group! And congratulations on your dedication to becoming healthier and stronger <3 Your recovery is a great NSV!
  • WorkInProgress_1
    Options
    Thanks @MadisonMolly2017 ❤️
  • WorkInProgress_1
    Options
    Thanks @nebslp ❤️
  • nebslp
    Options
    I have a few things that I'm very happy about so far in October
    #1.One is that I am learning to enjoy a cup of hot tea in the evenings. I had read about the health benefits of tea and forced myself to try it. It took about a week before I could say I actually like it. I've been using Vanilla Chai black teabags. I've read that organic white loose tea leaves has the most benefit and I have it in my Amazon cart but am not sure I'm ready to spring for whatever it costs. I can't remember how much but I hate to invest in a bag when I'm not sure I'll like it. Then there's the loose leaf tea ball to brew it in...I think I have one, but where? Maybe somewhere with the lost black sock and old iron.

NSV #2: I would say getting up and moving more in the morning has been a huge change. I'm not running any morning races, but I'm also not sitting in my chair for hours on end reading, scrolling, playing games, and/or watching TV. This morning I had almost 5000 steps by noon and 47 active minutes because my daughter, granddaughter and I went birding. It didn't feel like I was walking that much but it sure added up. It's way more steps than I usually get in the morning, but it seems like it might be a very doable habit at some point in the future. I started with the goal of 1000 steps before noon in July, am up to 1300 now, so adding 100 more every month, it might take awhile to get to 5000 before noon :D

How's everyone else doing with your NSV's?
  • nebslp
    Options
    One more NSV:) I have never paid much attention to how many flights of stairs I climb in a week until I noticed my fitbit this week. It looks like in the past my average was between 25-35 flights. Since I've been so focused on getting things done in my sewing room (photos, sewing, studying, etc) I've been spending a lot more time up there and go down to go to the bathroom, get something to eat or drink, along with the regular trips to the basement for laundry. I also get flights (4-7) when I walk my hills.
    Drum roll....... Sept 27-Oct 3 I had 70 floors, last week I had 77, and am on track to get 63-64 this week. #stronglegs

Anybody else have anything to share?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Terrific @nebslp!

My NSV’s : every day in October I have
    1) Created
    2) Learned
    3) Reflected on my art
    4) Done guided meditations
    5) practiced active self-kindness & anti-stress techniques.
    6) tracked all food
    7) hit all my goals on average for the 1st two weeks of OCT.
    8) cleaned/organized decluttered

I love my new life! This is really working for me :)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    Options
    I finished grading essay 1 before essay 2 rough draft was due - ah, those glorious days of freedom!

We’ve made some hard decisions about my BIL’s estate. Hooray those are done! However, the process is so slow because of shut down.

I applied for Medicare and decided of my supplement plan.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    My October NSV is that before I go to sleep I now purposely clear my stuff off the dining table completely!

I started doing that without thinking after the table pile had been mostly decluttered, except for the small bits that I have to take action on something or another before filing them. That small pile is now affectionately referred to as 'the chair pile' because it landed on a chair off to the side near the table.

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    I finished grading essay 1 before essay 2 rough draft was due - ah, those glorious days of freedom!

We’ve made some hard decisions about my BIL’s estate. Hooray those are done! However, the process is so slow because of shut down.

I applied for Medicare and decided of my supplement plan.

Awesome re: Medicare! Glad that is behind you @77tes! Much ❤️ To you hardworking teacher.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    My October NSV is that before I go to sleep I now purposely clear my stuff off the dining table completely!

I started doing that without thinking after the table pile had been mostly decluttered, except for the small bits that I have to take action on something or another before filing them. That small pile is now affectionately referred to as 'the chair pile' because it landed on a chair off to the side near the table.

🤠🌺

@texasgardnr Wonderful! Doesn’t it feel great. Thank you for all of your comments! Glad the Brooke Castillo approach intrigued you. It’s really changed my life in just a couple of weeks!❤️❤️
  • nebslp
    Options
    I am so thrilled to announce that I actually enjoyed my French class tonight. I almost kinda sorta knew what was going on and my teacher complimented me for not being at a total loss as I was the past 3 classes. She said it in a much nicer way than that that actually made me feel successful :) I will continue killing myself studying for hours at a time until I got this!

Ernestine Shepherd is a hero to me (84 years old now; she started lifting when she was 56 years old, and went on to win weight lifting competitions in her 70's. Her motto is "Dedication, Determination, Discipline". Love it! I have 2 areas (not including learning French) that are at the top of my priority list and I am going to use those words to help me make it happen!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp VERY inspiring ❣️