Like Minded Lushes - Fall/Winter 2020

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Winding down what has been a crazy year. Here's to staying healthy and happy :drinker:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    BTW I had managed to make it through Covid lockdown and 110+ degree temps in the desert without gaining any weight...until now! I literally woke up last week and weighed 4 pounds more. (I weigh myself daily) I thought it was temporary due to the buttermilk fried chicken I treated myself to (which was f'ing delicious BTW) but even after several days the weight is still there. UGH!
    Upping the exercise and cutting down on calories this week. If I'm not down by next week I'll be very bummed! :s
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Syd! As for the extra pounds, they will disappear soon. Great profile pic btw. <3
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone and I hope this fall and winter is better than the spring and summer! Stay well, my friends!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Down 2 lbs after a week. Definitely upped my exercise and overall movement and reduced my snacking. Red wine still in my diet. :drinker:
    64 degrees this morning. Brrr! :lol:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Lol Syd, it was 47 when we woke up at 5am today but it's dropping throughout the day to a low of 35 and snow showers! :p
    Now that it's a new month, time to get back to working out, October was a disaster for me but the weight has maintained at least. Baby shower, while very small due to covid was still a stresser but it's done now. (The picture is the mama-to-be and the daddy-to-be)
  • amcanzo
    Options
    ss3ji290pad1.jpg
  • SoCalWoman
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What a great picture! She looks fantastic. Glad the shower went well :)

Fall in the desert is amazing. View from our patio last night dknc6zhpmcf6.jpg
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Great picture! So pretty <3
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Great picture of your daughter and daddy to be! They look so happy!

Syd, that sunset is worthy of a post card!

Well, this year has been a truly awful one for us. Yesterday our French bulldog had two seizures, terrifying to watch, we just held her until they subsided. She was 14.5 years old. The breed only lives 10-12 years so we were really blessed to have her this long. We took her to the vet, our son and his wife came with us, and had her put down. We are incredibly sad, but know this will pass with time. So many years of wonderful memories. as Will Rodgers once said- "If dogs don't go to heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh, Gary. I'm so, so, sorry. :'( I hope that all the wonderful memories you've had with her will somehow ease your sadness. <3
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Awww, Gary, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. It's tough when you have to let the pets go, they are truly a part of the family. {hugs} to you and your family! <3
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your beloved pet, Gary <3 It sounds like you were lucky to have each other!
    My mom got a french bulldog in March, they are so cute! Her friend raises them.
    I have been drinking a lot lately! Every day last week and then I got a Sun/Mon 0s but then had beers Tuesday, champagne in the park with friends on Wednesday and today I bought the kahlua to make white russians, it just sounded good to me when I saw the recipe somewhere and so I made a couple of those tonight.
    Hubs wants a McDs pigout tomorrow so who am I to say no? I will take it easy at breakfast and lunch and then I guess I will have a Big Mac. I actually have never had one, so it's probably time;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!

Like most, we are modifying celebrations this year. Usually my SIL does all the cooking as we gather at my brother's house. I still haven't met my great nephew yet and that makes me sad. I miss my great niece too. But that will have to wait. Our son has quarantined for the last 14 days and will be joining us here along with my cousin and her husband who also self quarantine. I am not a great lover of Thanksgiving food so I'm just making a turkey breast with a few sides. Very simple and it probably won't be nearly as good as my SILs. There will be plenty of cocktails :drinker:

How's everyone else holding up? Hope you're healthy and happy as we can be during these crazy times. Covid fatigue and depression is real. Drink if you must :)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

As Syd mentioned above, we have scaled back our Thanksgiving plans. We will go to our son and his wife's place and have a Thanksgiving meal, just the four of us. It will be nice for us as we usually host the event at our place for a dozen plus people.

This year has been a challenging one. There is light showing at the end of the tunnel tho'. By the end of next month we may see vaccinations begin. Best Christmas present ever.
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Happy post-Thanksgiving guys! Our Thanksgiving was very different as well. Just my husband and I were gathered for dinner. My girls got together and cooked their own dinner (that is a proud mama moment 😁) and Ron's girls joined their mom.
    Ron is waiting on Covid test results as he was directly exposed at his job since his boss tested positive. So, it's a waiting game and self-isolation.
    There has definitely been alcohol and scale-avoidance! :#
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope your husband managed to avoid Covid!! I'm so grateful our son is able to work from home otherwise this mama would have many sleepless nights. Good on your girls for handling things without mom.

Gary, hope you got to relax with your small gathering this year. I know usually you're a bit stressed!

We're celebrating today. Preston and my cousin got here yesterday. I made a huge batch of spaghetti since everyone showed up at different times all exhausted. Turkey today. We'll sit on our patio with the fire. Probably play some cards and as always, plenty of cocktails. Cheers everyone!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    I'm very happy that Ron's test came back negative. Now if we can just continue to avoid this virus, I'll be very happy. Our state is on a "pause" so I'm working from home for the next couple of weeks.
    Hope everyone had a relaxing but different Thanksgiving :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hooray for the negative test!!

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Outside gathering with cocktails of course

sxij394atju8.jpg
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Nice! Love the fireplace, what a relaxing gathering spot <3:)