The new Batman?!

Options
vendygirl
vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
Ben Affleck?! Really?! Who thought this was a good idea!!!

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The same people who thought Clooney would be a good idea.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My only hope for this new franchise is that Jay and Silent Bob make an appearance. That will be the ONLY thing that could save this travesty.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    BUNG!!!

But then saying that, people were pissed when Heath was cast as well - i think i'll still give it a chance as he must know he has massive shoes to fill despite some previous bad acting we can only hope he's grown since DD and at least if it is a foul up he isn't doing it under the Marvel franchise this time :tongue:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

Anyone who saw Dogma, Chasing Amy, The Town, Argo................. Yeah DD was a big pile of poo but he wasn't the SINGLE reason it was rubbish, and he is a good actor and will really suit the part, I am assuming they'll go with a more real world approach to it which will play into his skill set. Or it could be complete **** but it won't be his fault, several other people have input.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'll wait and see before I pass judgement. I'm just excited that DC is finally working it's way towards a JL movie.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Don't forget Gigi folks!
  • mruntidy
    Options

Anyone who saw Dogma, Chasing Amy, The Town, Argo................. Yeah DD was a big pile of poo but he wasn't the SINGLE reason it was rubbish, and he is a good actor and will really suit the part, I am assuming they'll go with a more real world approach to it which will play into his skill set. Or it could be complete **** but it won't be his fault, several other people have input.

Chasing Amy was a long loooooooong film - that you need to take notes through and a test at the end
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Chasing Amy was a long loooooooong film - that you need to take notes through and a test at the end

Long film? It was less than 2 hours. What did you need to take notes on? It's a pretty straightforward story.
    This happens every time someone is cast in an iconic role.

swblt3.jpg
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't know about Affleck, but I really did NOT like Christian Bale and his stupid Batman voice. Keaton's my man. Time will tell I suppose.
  • mruntidy
    Options

Long film? It was less than 2 hours. What did you need to take notes on? It's a pretty straightforward story.
    This happens every time someone is cast in an iconic role.

swblt3.jpg

It was metaphorically long in comparison to Clerks and Mallrats the other two in the Jersey trilogy and seemed to end and restart the same way LOTR did. Whilst the story is pretty straightforward, the fact that it was so slow paced and then, for me, went on and on and on didn't lend itself at all well to being the third instalment to two comical precursor films.
  • d0gma
    Options

It was metaphorically long in comparison to Clerks and Mallrats the other two in the Jersey trilogy and seemed to end and restart the same way LOTR did. Whilst the story is pretty straightforward, the fact that it was so slow paced and then, for me, went on and on and on didn't lend itself at all well to being the third instalment to two comical precursor films.

That's funny, I always felt that Mallrats was the one that didn't fit.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Well he was fantastic in Pearl Harbor so he has my vote.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I suppose it's interesting looking at it from all angles, did clerks not fit because it was too black comedy, was mallrats too pop culturey and mainstream or at least on the surface, which would them make MR the odd one out as the other two are ironic and gritty where as MR is a lot more slapstick

Though interesting how no one wants to talk about batgate by the bottom of page one of this thread!
  • d0gma
    Options

He was the bomb in Phantoms, yo!
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Word *****, Phantoms like a mother ****er
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I am generally not a fan of him, but I have high hopes
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Is this sarcasm? Pearl Harbor was horrid.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    People normally don't like change. So the reactions to this change is normal. I on the other hand like to keep an open mind. You never know this "might" turn out good.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Meh. He's as good an actor as George Clooney and Christian Bale, maybe even better. If he manages to not sound like the Cookie Monster with the cowl on, he's already ten times better than Bale.

Bring him on. It's a comic book movie, not an Oscar winning drama...
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out to everyone that Christian Bale did not choose to make Batman talk like that with the cowl on. That was a decision of the writers. I can understand why people take issue with it but it does make sense. His face is pretty well covered by the batman suit but he also does not want his voice recognized.

By talking the way that he does he basically destroys the ton of his voice. That makes it impossible for someone to match the voice of batman to the voice of Bruce Wayne. So the storyline reason for it does make sense. He could accomplish the same thing by whispering of course by perhaps that would be considered less intimidating the voice he is using.