How does everyone log their calories from Apple Watch?

Options
jessi1199
jessi1199 Posts: 25 Member
Hello! I am struggling trying to figure out what is the best way to log my calories from Apple Watch. I had the watch connected to Pacer, so it could talk to MFP and Apple...then I worried that wasn't accurate, so I disconnected them and thought I'd just manually log my move calories in MFP daily...now I'm thinking I should go back to Pacer. I'm confused! I am in maintenance now and feeling like it's even more important to be as accurate as possible so I can see where I'm supposed to be. Just curious what everyone does since MFP and Apple don't talk very well. That's the only thing I miss about Fitbit!

Replies

• DaniloApe
    DaniloApe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, how are you?

In your app you have the section to log your MFP with your apple health informations, you just have to do that.

Everytime that you set things up to do any exercise, your mfp will account the active calories burned.

Be careful!
  • jessi1199
    Options
    I am well, thank you.

I'm not sure I understand this response. How shall I be careful? And are you saying I should link MFP and Apple Health because those don't communicate well at all; my apologies if I didn't make that part clear in my initial post. Do you have success with those two linked? I haven't talked to a single person who has. I wish they did work well together! I don't understand why they don't.
  • DaniloApe
    Options
    Hey Jessi,

I'm brazilian, so sometimes it's a little bit hard to make myself clear about something.

When i tell you to be careful about this conection, it's just because the calories burned counter it's not so sharp as it seems, you know?

It's better to stay in your daily calories without use the extra ammount that the exercises give you.

About the comunication between MFP and the Apple Health I think that is great and works perfectly. The only difference here is:

MFP use to log only the information of "active calories" instead my "total calories burned", in the end of the day the difference between those guys are about 300calories.

If you need some help, e-mail me or send me a message here!

daniloapesantos@gmail.com

• jessi1199
    Options
    Okay, maybe I'll try to link Apple Health to MFP, again and see how it works. Thanks! I do want my exercise calories, though...it's sort of why I have this device! :D Also, I'm in maintenance now, so I'm not trying to lose...what I'm trying to do is figure out where I truly am going to be able to maintain. And I want to eat as much as I can to do so. Ha! Thanks for your response!
  • DaniloApe
    Options
    You are welcome!