Fitbit Zone Minutes not Syncing with MFP workout

Options
I synced up my fitbit and MFP accounts a long time a go, recently I upgraded to a fitbit Versa 2 which has Active Zone Minutes installed (you can not switch back to regular active minutes) This goes by your heart rate and when you are in the "zones" such as Fat Burning mode, Cardio Mode and Peak.

I logged a walk with MFP and synced it up to fitbit, walked for 30 minutes fairly fast paced. Before Active Zone Minutes I would always see it sync up with fitbit to say I got 30 minutes in, now nothing. No Zone minutes added (And I've always had to manually add in a workout as it doesn't always sync right, even when I tell fitbit i'm in active mode)

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    When a Workout Record, manually entered or from 3rd party site like MFP, comes in it is assumed to be more accurate than Fitbit's own data - therefore it overwrites it's data.

Fix is to stop manually logging a workout on MFP when it's not needed to.
    And it's not.

If you want your friends list to see a workout, just make a wall post with more interesting info than a 1 liner provides.

If you want to see something on Fitbit side then either a workout needs to be started on the device so it creates an Activity Record when done, or manually log one when done.