Wednesday 11-11

Options
steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
Morning Cuppa Joe.

"....but I've read the script and the costume fits, so I'll play my part." ~Cleopatra

Replies

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Happy Veterans day.

If you don't already have your America the Beautiful National park pass you should get one. I hear they are offering all veterans a lifetime card.

The rain the was forcasted for all day is now pushed to this afternoon. We have a hike planned then need to change out the hot tub filters and make the welcome baskets. That should only take an hour or so.

Sister one is cleared to go back to work today. Sister two is feeling better but still quarantined. She thought she would go back to teaching her night class tonight...it's online anyway. Kids are all bored. Of all 11 of them only 2 were very sick. Mostly headaches and loss of taste. Sister two had a bad cough. Thanks for all the well wishes.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Good news for your sisters Steph.

Thank you to all our veterans in our BBB family for your service!!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Happy Veteran's Day gang!

Please to see my Vets Day article published at the Department level. :smiley:

Headed to VFW to serve meals....Home Depot gave us a $1000 grant to feed vets for free all day.

~Skip
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Glad to hear your sisters are getting by with mild symptoms, Steph.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Grandkids are coming over for the day - no school, even remotely, on the holiday. Rita will enjoy what she always terms her best medicine.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HUMPING
    Good news on sisters Steph and families
    Long list of items for Vets today, lots of free stuff
    two classes today and may go out for lunch
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Happy Veterans Day BBB friends.
    • Good news from NE!
    • Thanks for the reminder on the Park Pass Steph. I have mine.
    • Home Depot does a good job of supporting Vets.
    • It's a rainy day in GA and I need to drive up to Athens. Got a review with the financial advisor.
    • Enjoy the grandkids Dave. How is Rita post surgery?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Thank you Vets! Where do I find your article to read Skip?

We are again being pressed to stay home, work from home if we can, etc. as our state covid numbers are up up up. With that, Im proposing I work from home, we are so slow here its depressing, anyway.

Glad the family is better Steph.

We had big high winds and rains last evening around 5pm til 8pm wowza. Some damage south towards IL border. We just have leaves all over the place again, thank goodness.

I ordered our Thanksgiving meal from a local outstanding butcher shop today. I'm going to press the easy button this year. It'll be just 4 of us and Im so looking forward to it. Poor ds1 is stuck in TX with a bball game on the schedule, which likely will get covid cancelled anyway. I guess the coach scheduling didn't realize the 26th was indeed Thanksgiving day this year. The opposing team didn't oppose since they are on the road Wed. traveling there for Fri/Sat games anyway, so they accepted the Thurs invite. ds1 has no staff or faculty to even work the arena Thurs, smh.

Wow, black friday has turned into black Nov with retailers trying to make up some sales revenue. I bet Steph does not miss this time of year, huh!?! I bought two axes for wood splitting, great deals! Exciting right.

Have a great day BBB