What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Gratitude List Dec 4
    1. it's FRIDAY!
    2. today, plus two work-weeks from today ... i START MY STAYCATION BREAK!! (can you tell how much I need this?)
    3. I have a back-up fitbit Zip if DH doesn't find my fitbit One soon after he gets up (he sleeps later than I do, as i work from home and he is retired ... but he is great at finding things I misplace)

you know you are "habit-hooked" on a gadget when "you KNOW it's going to be a bad day" just because the doodad isn't in your pocket where it is supposed to be ... and you start frantically searching for it ....and you just Can't FIND it!!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    I would like for 2020 to be over already.

The week before Thanksgiving started major chaos with my abusive ex. Then sadly, there was a death on his side of the family. Then 3 days before Thanksgiving, there was a death on my side of the family. So I just didn't have it in me to keep up with MFP for the rest of November. Sorry for dropping out on my postings. I wanted to explain my absence, since this an accountability group. Things are getting better and honestly, time is what is needed to heal all the hurt.

My December Goals: I want to stay active in posting for December, work on my healthy goals, and just keep moving forward in making a better life for me and my son. Here is to a better December! :)

Great goals J. You got this {{{hugs}}}
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    What's your favorite podcast to listen to while you exercise? I'm looking for a podcast for motivation and entertainment while I walk. Any suggestions?
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @KCJen - I am so sorry to hear all you have been going through. My thoughts are with you and here here to a better December.

Thank you @readyornot1234 :)
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    What's your favorite podcast to listen to while you exercise? I'm looking for a podcast for motivation and entertainment while I walk. Any suggestions?

Thank you @karenesg :)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

you know you are "habit-hooked" on a gadget when "you KNOW it's going to be a bad day" just because the doodad isn't in your pocket where it is supposed to be ... and you start frantically searching for it ....and you just Can't FIND it!!

Update ... of COURSE, DH gets up,sticks his head in the office to ask how the day started .... turns to leave and SPOTS IT ON THE FLOOR in the shadow in front of the cedar chest the pants were on over night ....
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    This is so true!
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    This is so true!

Yes!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, hope each and everyone of u have a great day!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Gratitude List Dec 7
    1. Good health among all my family
    2. Healthy baby girl safely delivered to my BFF's daughter (BFF is retiring from teaching K-gr2 level in two weeks. This lady was BORN to be a grandmother!)
    3. DH - my mainstay and fitbit finder
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Gratitude List Dec 7
    1. Good health among all my family
    2. Healthy baby girl safely delivered to my BFF's daughter (BFF is retiring from teaching K-gr2 level in two weeks. This lady was BORN to be a grandmother!)
    3. DH - my mainstay and fitbit finder

Absolutely loving the daily gratitude!!! Congrats to ur friend! That is so exciting!!!!!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    KCJen wrote: »
    I would like for 2020 to be over already.

The week before Thanksgiving started major chaos with my abusive ex. Then sadly, there was a death on his side of the family. Then 3 days before Thanksgiving, there was a death on my side of the family. So I just didn't have it in me to keep up with MFP for the rest of November. Sorry for dropping out on my postings. I wanted to explain my absence, since this an accountability group. Things are getting better and honestly, time is what is needed to heal all the hurt.

My December Goals: I want to stay active in posting for December, work on my healthy goals, and just keep moving forward in making a better life for me and my son. Here is to a better December! :)

Great goals J. You got this {{{hugs}}}

Hope things are starting to look up!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Daily Gratitude Dec 8
    1. 10 calendar-days till i start my Holly Daze break
    2. direct-report manager specifically instructed me to ease my over-stressing on perceived deadlines where the input needed to get it off my desk is outside my control
    3. the stationary recumbent bike in the basement (I spontaneously used it while watching some Pilates info-vlogs this morning)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Gratitude List Dec 11

Thoughts from taking BiL to hospital for MRI-test yesterday
    • OHIP (provincial health insurance plan) covers MRI and CT-scan testing
    • His was the first appointment of the day, so no traffic to get to the hospital in jig time - home again by 8:00 am
    • Tim Hortons NEAR the hospital was open by 6:00 am as a place for DH and I to wait till he was done
    • Work lets me book up to a certain number of hours paid "family related leave" throughout the year for this kind of thing. (Took time for breakfast then started work at 9:30 - didn't need as to use up as much leave as I first thought i might)
    • a boss who will let me dip into my ridiculously high unused "personal sick-day" total available hours if I run out of "family related leave" hours before end of fiscal.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Gratitude list for Dec 12
    1. It's Saturday, so I got to sleep in
    2. The exercise bike in the basement (~ 275 calories burned in 30 minutes)
    3. Bulk Barn hasn't run out of spiced eggnog flavoured coffee beans yet .... (was able to get a second batch of them yesterday)
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    This is soooo me!! Im a bottomless pit today!!!😂
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 I've habituated myself to your gratitude lists. As we say in French, "Qu'est ce qu'il se passe?" What's up? No stress to add but I'm curious and sending hugs 🤗

Also, your last post reminded me to go to Bulk Barn yesterday to get candy canes for my tree so that I can finally decorate it!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    I still hve visitors sleeping over but im committed to getting back to healthy eating as yest was way too much over eating. I find wen i go over people's place i hve much more discipline but wen hosting ppl at my house i always over eat (esp at dinner time) not sure if perhaps the stress of it all that makes me over eat? Or wanting to bond over food??? but either way there is def a pattern there. Hopefully i can overcome it today! Hve a great day my friends! Its a rainy muggy day here in NSW Australia. Xo