Strange Foods with Aakaakaak Zimmern 8/23

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Eating the same boring salad every day will make your meals boring. When your food is boring you don't want to eat it. Sugar is always exciting, but if we eat it too much we end up 300lbs and diabetic. I don't think any of us want to be 300lbs and diabetic, so we need to add some variety to our diet, lest it be boring and/or bland. Fortunately, we live in a very multicultural world, unless you live in North Korea. So break out of your food rut today. Find some totally different food you haven't tried before. Go to a Laotian restaurant. Go to a Cuban deli. Bribe your friend's Norwegian grandma to make you a traditional home cooked meal. Or, you can even pick a random country and random type of food from the internet and make whatever the recipe says.

Example: "Tibetian Soup" gives me Thenthuk - http://www.yowangdu.com/tibetan-food/thenthuk.html

Personally, I'm having a twist on something I've had before: Cuban Chicken Picadillo

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... today is my eat out for lunch day, will have to see what's around for me to have that's different!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    A bit ago I tried Falafels for the first time (store bought mix) So yummy.

Heading to Las Vegas this weekend and won't be able to log, but I won't go over board. Maybe I will find something new/weird at one of the buffets.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't do this one. Still on my cleanse.

14877786.png