Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sastizi
Sastizi Posts: 3 Member
Just diagnosed with state 2 diabetes, learning curve on how & what to eat. Lots to learn!

Replies

• laura14fit
    laura14fit Posts: 37 Member
    Yes, it's a lot of info coming at you. The good news is you'll get there! There's a lot of cause and effect with diabetes, the old 'do this, get that'. Be patient with yourself, ask lots of questions, and keep your chin up!
  • jorgecarbajal223
    jorgecarbajal223 Posts: 18 Member
    Yes, if you have any questions please ask
  • Sastizi
    Sastizi Posts: 3 Member
    Just what does the sugar mean on a food label, is there a certain number I should stay within?
  • jeraldt6
    jeraldt6 Posts: 28 Member
    Read and research everything. Question everything. Question every professional that tells you what your diet should be and why. Get a glucometer and check your glucose level every now and then, checking to see how your body reacts to both foods and activities and meds. Join a gym, hire a trainer and stick with the program. I was diagnosed after having to be on steroids for a few months due to Chrohn's Disease. Steroids screwed up my system and I am now a diabetic. A1c was as hig as 7.9. It is now 6.9 and I am on my way to well below that. Friends on MFP along with regular use of mfp helps me. Friend me if you like.