Shrinking Assets - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• tiataleah
    tiataleah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Question of the Day

What is the first thing you let slide when you are falling OFF the wagon?

I stop tracking and slack off on exercise.
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo is there a fitness journal/diary you love? I have never used one and I'm wondering if it would be a helpful tool for me.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    lckiehl wrote: »
    @LaurieWrobo is there a fitness journal/diary you love? I have never used one and I'm wondering if it would be a helpful tool for me.

I found this one and it looks nice w/journaling, food/water tracking
    from Popflexactive.com
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 233.0
    CW: 233.0

Sorry but I am carrying it over from last week again. I haven't wanted to weigh in. I know next week will be up, lol!
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lckiehl wrote: »

I found this one and it looks nice w/journaling, food/water tracking
    from Popflexactive.com

Thanks so much!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    So I have cleaned out all the chips, snacks, chocolate, other crap that was in my freezer. I still have some frozen meals in the freezer that I am going to use for Saturday work days so I can just scan on the app, warm up and go. I am DEF looking forward to getting back on track. 202 was crap.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I’m struggling to get back on track. I’m fine during the day but I can’t stop at night. I ate a whole tub of Hagen daaz yesterday all by myself whilst I binge watched Scandal. I thoroughly enjoyed myself but my tummy and face are rapidly expanding 😭😭😭 I just lose all motivation at night
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

What is something you are proud of from yesterday?

Beka’s answer:
    I stayed within my calories!

Yesterday I had a date the entire day with my husband. We walked the city and on the beach but also indulged on an amazing dinner. Proud I could live in the moment and not let it derail me the next day. Success is measured as a whole and not a single day, right? 😊
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

Beka’s answer:
    I stayed within my calories!

Yesterday I got a gym membership. Today (it's almost midnight, so I decided to count it) we returned the keys to our old apartment and officially said goodbye to what was our home for more than 9 years. I also cooked today - doesn't sound like much of a feat, but my husband does most of the cooking in our household. I definitely want to cook more now, since I have a brand new shiny kitchen with all new appliances.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    I’m struggling to get back on track. I’m fine during the day but I can’t stop at night. I ate a whole tub of Hagen daaz yesterday all by myself whilst I binge watched Scandal. I thoroughly enjoyed myself but my tummy and face are rapidly expanding 😭😭😭 I just lose all motivation at night

What about notes on the fridge/freezer/cabinet reminding your self you have bigger goals? Maybe even a picture from a smaller time or what you want to wear?
  • kyungs
    kyungs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Question: Does this group require activities or reporting more than a weekly weigh in?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    kyungs wrote: »
    Question: Does this group require activities or reporting more than a weekly weigh in?

Nope.... all that is required is the weekly weigh in. However, I have found that the more active members tend to stay more focused and have better results.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,087 Member
    Options
    kyungs wrote: »

Hi! I'm just jumping in here as I am looking to see how many of the new members are checking in. It is so good to see you getting started! There are always challenges every week for the entire F2F group. Even though they are not required, it is a lot of fun to do them, and it is a good way to get to know some of the members from other teams. And every team has its own special things - daily questions (your team has really good ones!), reporting in on your own chosen daily goals, etc. Be sure to get in and post often! It really helps. Good luck to you :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready to set up your daily habit tracking for January? Put in your name, your habits, and start checking them off on Sunday. See you there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819418/january-2021-habit-tracker#latest
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

I haven't exercised in awhile. The swimming pools are closed, but I could have continued my virtual Zumba during the lockdown my province is in, but I didn't. Yesterday, I returned to my virtual Zumba class, and it was SOOOO awesome. I felt so good afterwards, and very happy with myself for returning to it.

I've super struggled the last few weeks, but I definitely feel my mood lifting, and motivation to clean, cook and take care of things increasing. I welcome 2021 with hopeful anticipation!

It is my weigh in tomorrow... I honestly don't know what to expect. I've been doing better than I have been, but still not back to my normal. So, we'll see!

Welcome to all the new members to our group! I think I've added all of you as friends, but if I missed anyone, please send me an invite! I love expanding my MFP friends group! :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,335 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @jcfinger49 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    4z5fjhwg8qpw.jpeg

First selfie of 2020 vs last selfie of 2020.

January 1
    I was 229.6 lbs and had already had a shot of Fireball before the race.

December 31
    I’m sitting at 174 and 305 days sober.

I am very proud of the changes I have made this year!!!

Wow. Seriously - that is a great transformation!!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,335 Member
    Options
    One more new member heading your way ... Please welcome @squeakmnm41 :)
This discussion has been closed.