Monday Cup of Joe 12/7/2020

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Tom left yesterday for Illinois - short trip so he will be back Saturday or Sunday.
    Holding down the fort here.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning all

We are getting tired of being here. With covid we can't do all the fun things there is to do here and we aren't into cold weather hiking so not much to do all day

The work isn't too hard but not really in it for the pay. But we did get to spend fall in New England for basically free so that was worth it but don't plan to return even though they would love to have us. In fact already asked us to come back in February for a few weeks. We have less than two week left here. Skip I'll send you an email later today with some options for a visit if you are still game to host us. Just waiting for confirmation from our richmond homeowner on timing.

Probably will start the laundry today and dig our car out. Heading to the hot tub after coffee....Ron has been out there for an hour already I think.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Steph; think "White Christmas", before your time but a true classic
    Cold today and colder in morning but then warming into upper 60's
    Soup turned out good yesterday, DW put up in freezer packs so we will have during cold days we do not want to cook.
    Off to yoga class
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I enjoy cold weather hiking - but I want to drive to my snow, not have it dumped on my house. Half of my 24-year Army career was spent in snow country. That was enough. I'd never want to spend a winter in New England.

Love White Christmas, also Miracle on 34th Street, and any of the many retellings of A Christmas Carol. I'll watch any of them whenever I find them on. You would need to put a gun to my head to make me watch anything from Hallmark.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    I swear I posted this morning.... Hmmmmmm

Got kicked out of upscale winery yesterday - visiting with neighbors. We had 10 people - 6 and 4 at separate sides. They kicked us out saying parties of 8 or more are not allowed - despite the VERY wide dispersement between us. Oh well. Their loss. We ended up at another winery nearby - and spent alot of money. I'll be glad when COVID is over!!!!!

Long week ahead. Me Dad arrives Wednesday.

~Skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon BBB Friends.
    • Your first post re-appeared Skip. I did not see it earlier.
    • Breakfast with the ROMEOs this morning. Our normal café was closed so we ended up at the world famous Waffle House. HOA finance committee meeting after that. Trying to finalize next years budget, reserve fund and next years capital expenditures.
    • It's a Wonderful Life is the holiday movie of choice in our house. Seeing it at least once is a must each year. I watch some Hallmark movies as a gift to DW. It makes her happy.
    • Motorcycle ride tentatively scheduled for Thursday. It should make it up into the 60s.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    MFP gods must be angry with me.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Did I tell You that I have a sweatshirt that says,” this is my hallmark movie watching sweatshirt?” Problem is it was ordered from China (unknowingly) and it’s really an xsmall not a large. I look like a stuffed tick.

I love “It’s a wonderful life”

I bet you got kicked out of the winery because you were going back and forth from the tables? That’s forbidden here. Oh well.

Looks like a meet and greet for Steph and Ron in Virginia. Fun.

My ankle is swollen. No reason but it hurts.
    Busy day. Busy week.

Car in the shop $2100 to fix it. Yikes. Not fun. That’s the only thing I like about a new car. Warranty
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Weird, I posted twice and both disappeared. Lets see if this one makes it.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Guess they took mine off the grid yesterday too, or I forgot to check in. Do think so...
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    the MFP gods are not happy with the BBB. Do need to sacrifice a virgin to get back in good graces?