Monday Cup of Joe 12/14/2020

raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Good Morning BBB.
    Tom arrived home yesterday - yippee!! So good to have him back.
    House decorated but we decided not to have a tree this year - we will think about if we want one for next year.
    Great news Rita.
    Bill - I hope your visit with Dad was good.
    Sam - I can't believe they added more stuff onto your yoga certification requirements. You got this.
    Steph - sounds like you are glad to move on. Glad the company is sending you another skirt.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,896 Member
    Mornin ' BBB.

So much going on. Having a hard time keeping up and checking in regularly.

Yesterday helped host a veterans and first responder hunt. It was great. Sarah Jane Spaniels performed well.

Hope Rita the pirate enjoyed watching the 'hawks destroy my chronically horrible Jets.

So glad Tom is home for the holidays.

Skip, dad's do get on the nerves now and again. Hope you guys iron it out.

Got our lights up yesterday. Nothing spectacular, no more ladder work for me.

BBB OP :-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,238 Member
    Morning~

N'oreaster on the way!

SJ....there's a name we all smile when we hear!

Me dad off to airport in 2 hours!

Cheers, BBB
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,653 Member
    Good morning.

Got to watch my brother's wedding on FB Live yesterday from the comfort of my living room. Not quite the same as being there, but the pants-optional dress code was nice.

Floors are finished and I got to take Cecilia to the original Black's BBQ on Saturday. dri93an4bu7g.jpg
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,826 Member
    Good Morning,
    Yoga class this morning,
    Went to live nativity seen last night, little kids were so cute. Front lawn of church with sheep, cow, donkey. They will do again next Sunday night.
    Due to Covid will not have a Christmas Eve service, generally largest service of year with families coming in from all over and many C and E Christians.
    DMIL short circuited electrical system that controls security system at 11:59 last night, alarm going off, security system calling and texting. She had plugged old pot into security outlet and then jerked plug out throwing EFI and breaker. Why was she up making tea so late? Insisted she had to have before she went back to sleep.
    See Skip you get to put DF on plane, DMIL is here and sister-in-law says because of Covid her mother cannot go there for Christmas.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,167 Member
    Good morning BBB crew.

Is the kitchen saga now over, Lou? Or are you still waiting for a new dishwasher? I lost track. Nice looking floor.

Rita has another follow-up appointment at the hospital, this morning. We still have Christmas shopping to do, too. We don't exchange gifts between ourselves, but need more for the grandkids, DS and DDIL. That will probably end around Dec. 24.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,803 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Started the day with a ROMEO breakfast.
    • It appears the new dishwasher in Austin is installed. Yes? Looks good.
    • Today is the 1st day of voting for our Senate run-off elections. The TV adds are relentless.
    • Sarah Jane Spaniels. Makes my heart warm and puts a smile on my face.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,993 Member
    Morning BBB

Hooray the dishwasher saga is over.

Ron is packed and ready to go. It's Monday and we don't leave until Friday. 🤪
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,684 Member
    Morning BBB

That first snow we had Sat morning brought a cold snap with it, brrr. Mr. Winter is here, finally.

Glad Lou's kitchen is done and Congrats on your brothers wedding Lou, least the internet gives us these kinds of joys to watch online, during these kinds of times.

DS2 caught another trout yesterday 30-inches, 10lbs. full of eggs, released her back into the river. Said she was a fighter. I assume she was a she LOL. Do fish have genders? Glad he's finding some stress relief fun fishing, at least. Got him a big fold up/expandable fish net that fits in his backpack for a gift. At the size of these catches, he needs it.

Got our quote for out lake lot work this spring back, very very doable, surprised actually, so thats great! Only thing I don't like, he wants half up front to book a date and claims spring dates fill fast. I dont know this guy from Adam, as they say. Never did business with him before....

Well....Maddie dogs gifts, the last ones to get purchased are officially on their way from Amazon: its a game actually; Interactive Dog Treat Puzzle Toy for Boredom, and a sling shot flying duck toy. Both different for sure, for the dog who has everything... ha. Shes a bark box dog, if you know what that is - or was I think they cancelled it finally after 3 yrs. When they bought the house I got her a wire big clothes basket for her toys so she can see them, smell them better, and dig out which she wants to play with. And she does.

Have a good day BBB. Tis the season to be jolly, best we can, right.

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,653 Member
    Yes - the kitchen is complete with a new dishwasher!

Mary - does such a service as contractor escrow exist? That way, if he flakes, you aren't out the money.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,209 Member
    I’ve read and I’m caught up.

Winter storm headed east. Wowzer.