Thursday Cup of Joe 12/17/2020

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Tom should have lighting in the shop soon - the electrician was on another job that must have been more important - arg.
    We are starting to feel like we are open to getting another dog - the right one will come our way.
    Mary - I'm with Lou on escrowing the deposit.
    Lee - I hope the kitty is better
    Do good out there everyone.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Raine. A puppy??
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning.

That's happy news Raine. I'm sure the perfect puppy is out there waiting for you.

Ugh. Looks like we are going to have to plow the snow one more time. Luckily we only have a couple of inches but have 6 cottages of guests checking in Friday and Saturday. Our plan is to leave early tomorrow morning but will keep an eye on road conditions. Our cottage isn't booked until Saturday so could stay one more day. Homeowners are supposed to be home today too but they are driving from Florida and haven't heard where they waited out the storm.

Lee and Skip...hope you are making it through the storm. Looks like you both were nailed.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Still getting nailed. Snowing hard and sideways. Probably won't be over until midday.
    I'll wait to dig out until then.

On the bright side, I have snow for snow shoeing!

Praying that you and Tom will fill the void when the time is right with the right dog, Raine.

Kelly, that is an oil portrait of Sarah Jane that was done years ago. I switched it to my avatar because she inspires me.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB.

I am so glad we get so little snow.

Tough day with my tooth, yesterday - long time in the dentist chair and a lot of pain afterwards. Thank God for ibuprofen.

I have lost some weight, using a super secret formula: eating less and exercising more. Ha! Doctor/dentist stuff and bad weather have plateaued my the last few days, but I'll get back at it. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I was at 193. Monday, I was at 185. Hope to be in the 170s by New Years Day. Onward and downward.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Good luck with the storm Lee and Skip. Worst snowfall I ever saw was Presidents Day 1979. We had about 2 feet in Dover, DE. I got stuck on Base for a day and finally started walking home (~5 miles) and ending up catching a ride with a National Guard truck. It took us days to dig out.
    • HVAC check up didn't go well. We've had to put freon in our system every year since we moved in. Last year they replaced the coil but we still have a leak. The parts are under warranty but the labor and freon are not. Fortunately it is working. The "experts" are going to attach it after the holidays. It's a builder grade Lennox system. I want a Trane if I have to replace it.
    • There is nothing like Puppy Love. Good luck with your search Raine. It will be one lucky dog.
    • I hope you are feeling better today Dave.
    • Safe travels Steph.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Snow. Snow everywhere.

Exposed to someone who notified they tested Positive.....so trying to get PCP to issue me order for another test. No symptoms - merely precautionary w/ DMIL.

Exciting.....puppy fever!!!! Good luck in your search, Raine/Tom!

MIL/Z - I just shake my head.

Exciting, Mary! When's the question being popped? How cool he got to repurpose some family heirlooms into a custom creation.

Cheers,
    Skip
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Breakfast with Emmaus group this morning
    Need clean cabinets out from WW at gym, guess they are not looking at reopening
    DW taking DMIL to cardiologist this morning, I've got EKG this afternoon
    Someone needs to stay at house noticed a leak in pipe they had been working on
    Dennis, could have nail or screw that went into line for it needing recharging so many times
    Skip, every time I believe DMIL could not do something worst she manages to prove me wrong.
    Raine, puppy sounds great for you and Tom
    We have decided we do not want any more responsibility, DMIL has worn us out.
    Safe travels Steph and Ron,
    Enjoy Snow
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers.
    I’m pooped. Long days at work.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Let's hope Skip gets a negative test. And a nice neighbor digs him out. Starbucks could deliver for him in the morning too!

Ds2 has no plan on the how yet, but took day off Wed. 12/23 so likely that will be the pop the question date.

Be safe driving Steph and Ron

Raine, will pup be a lab retriever?

Lee, Take it easy out there tomorrow moving all the snow...

I have to go into office in morning there a fruit basket there for me from Harry and Davids....

T G I F for us working stiffs in the a.m.

We're a week away til Christmas. Ds1 took a pretravel covid test today at work. Hopeful thats neg! He feels fine and has had no trace connections pointing to him this week. Been at home working all week, other than to clinic today. He will take another test Tuesday and Fly Wed Nite.

How much snow did ya'll end up with by morning is the question...???