Welcome!

Options
Please introduce yourself and how long you’ve been a Garmin user

Replies

• SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the group new members. I am Slay and I have been a Garmin user for 10yrs. My first tracker was the first generation Vivosmart HR+ and then 2yrs ago, I upgraded to a Forerunner 235.
  • TheDad65
    TheDad65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! Was a Fitbit user and then awhile back I went to the Garmin vivofit 1st generation but ended up back at fitbit after a year. Tried a couple of other trackers, but then I finally settled back on the Garmin. The quality and accuracy can not be beat. I am a fan and am staying with them. Got my vovoactive 3 a couple of weeks ago. I really want the vivoactive 4, and am saving for that one. Maybe someday soon.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Options
    That's awesome Mike. Garmin in my opinion is the most accurate tracker.
  • StaceyKeya
    StaceyKeya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stacey. I've been a garmin user for quite some time now (can't remember how long), but I've just upgraded from a very basic Vivofit 1st gen to a Venu Sq, so I'm just finding my feet with it.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Options
    Hello Stacey, welcome to the group. Hope you are enjoying your Garmin watch. Venu Sq reminds me of the shape of Apple Watch. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask.
  • TheDad65
    TheDad65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacey!
  • NitaToupin
    NitaToupin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. My husband has been a Garmin user for a few years and just got me a Garmin Venue for Christmas. Loving it. Only wish it would track mileage when I am on the elliptical.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have been using Garmin a little more than a year after using polar off and on for more than 10 years. I use a vivimove for my daily tracking. If I finish healing I hope to get back on the bicycle and start hiking.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Options
    Welcome to the group fellas! I am sorry am not on here often due to work, but I am hoping this will get more interactive as people join. MFP notifications has been pretty bad for me as well. Please spread the word about this group.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Options
    @Nita Toupin, welcome to the group! What model of Venu do you have? Garmin Venu or Venu sq? I know both has activity settings for Elliptical. Do you always select the Elliptical feature first while on the machine? If not, this is why it isn't tracking. If you are just getting on the machine without selecting the elliptical feature, it will track your workout as steps.
  • katybug51
    katybug51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kathryn, and I had been using a Fitbit for about a year, and when I saw the Garmin Venu, I switched over in February and have not looked back. I am the proud owner of a Round Rose Gold Venu... I never knew how easy it is to track my varied fitness classes that I attend AND to switch to strength training, and then to cardio with ease...and everything is neatly filed. I am still learning more about this amazing tracker
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Options
    @katybug51 Welcome to the group! Good to know you are enjoying your new Garmin Venu. If there's something you would like to see posted in the group, please do not hesitate to share.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @katybug51
    Welcome to the group Kathryn! I like the ease of tracking enough to think about a second Garmin for my bike.
  • newadajab
    newadajab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just purchased a VIVOSmart 4 and am trying to learn how to use it.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Martha and a long time MFP user and Garmin user since 2017. Switched to Vivosmart 4 in March 2020 when my other Garmin broke. Long time maintainer too and avid exerciser. Have been on SparkPeople but that site is ending in August.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    mjglantz wrote: »
    Switched to Vivosmart 4 in March 2020 when my other Garmin broke.

Hey Martha. That's about right, they are better than phones. My phones last two or three years, but my Garmins last four+.

SparkPeople was big early on, I never used it. I hope they do their customers well. MFP so far so good, and I have used it on and off for a long time. It 's isn't the best online tool/community, but it's better than anything else out there. :)

I splurged, as a motivational tool, and bought a heavily discounted brand new mid-level Garmin. (745) The reason it was so cheap is because it is all white, not my style, but I've been trying to go with it for about six months now.

Garmin impresses me with their dedication to sport and fitness...even as they add on smartwatch stuff, the still are the best for activity and fitness stuff.

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chris_in_Cal. Garmin has worked very well for me and they telephone support has been very good which is important. Happy to be in the group!
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Options
    @mjglantz and newadajab welcome to the group.
  • castillo2518
    castillo2518 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall I'm Lisa and I'm coming from Fitbit I currently have the Vivoactive3 and love it still getting used to it I'd love to have friends that like to do challenges with and keep each other motivated to reach our goals please feel free to add me
  • savvybshoes
    savvybshoes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sav, I got a vivoactive 3 for Christmas 2020 (about a week before having a baby lol), so I just started really using it this month. Love it! I'm looking for accountability here on MFP and on Garmin Connect so feel free to add me!