January 28 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @bellesouth18 If you can stick to limiting your dogs treats you so be surprised at how quickly they get back to their ideal weights. That is normally the key with managing dog diets.

@MadisonMolly2017 woohoo for good results!

@Pearl0408 that’s amazing! Watching someone’s life change from dialysis to transplanted kidney is such an amazing thing to be part of.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    Pearl0408 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. I did Cize for 30 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes. 1298/1360
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes I did. Today I got amazing news my brother has kidney disease. He has been on dialysis for a year to a year and a half. He has been doing dialysis three times a week. He called me today and said he is next in line for a kidney. 🥰

Oh @Pearl0408 ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️
    I am 39 months post kidney-transplant! I am so happy for your brother, you, and all who know him❤️

Happy to assist in any way. Feel free to friend me, if you want.

TIP 1: that I think helped me is my surgeon told me to walk 10K steps every day...and in fact to walk almost right away when I was still in hospital. It increases the profusion they the kidney which is a great thing. I began with walks around hospital floor, doing 52 laps while I was there. Doing 13 gets you a special t-shirt - it’s that important!

At home I began with a 3,300 step walk morning, midday, evening until I had recovered a bit more, then two walks, etc.

The walking also assists with worry & anxiety (some just concern about losing kidney & some because of the immunosuppressant meds.

TIP 2
    Set 3 alarms each for AM & PM meds. One 15 mins before, one telling you to take meds, and one 15 minutes after asking “Did you take your meds?”

I have never missed a dose which is exceedingly important. Note: I did take one early, but all was ok.

❤️
    @Dory_42 is a Real Life Hero & Angel!
    My donor is so modest, but I am SO Grateful!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 and @MadisonMolly2017 You are both heroes to me!!! Love from the old guy, Rick
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Forgot to report these!!

Yes x3 for this day. Exercise was 45 minute HIIT