Wednesday Cup of Joe 12/30/2020

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.
"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Looked at puppies yesterday - oh my!
    We drove up to the panhandle to meet a 92 year old retired veterinarian that has been breeding dogs for 75 years. He breeds Goldens and Lab-Golden mixes. We are looking for a mix. Checked out his dogs, current pups, and parents of planned spring litters.
    Two litters of Lab-Golden mix one just below 3 weeks and one just a little over 3 weeks. We will return in about 2 weeks when they are about 5+ weeks old to see a little of their personalities. We are looking for a light colored male - one candidate from each litter.
    z5h4c61jlhtg.jpeg
    aw9slwjkxkb3.jpeg
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

LOOK AT THEM! How freaking adorable! Love it!

Lots of drama still here in our neighborhood - lots of unwanted attention. Lots of LEO activity up and down to thwart any potential shenanigans.

Hard to believe we are approaching 2021..... Whats the NYE plans for ya'll - under COVID restrictions? (Here in VA we cannot be served after 10p and mandatory curfew from 12a-5a).

~Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Praying that things settle down without any violence and that the media will do the right thing.

Puppies. Perfect. So glad you and Tom are in the hunt, Raine. FWIW, I like the head on the top puppy.

Homebodies here for New Year's Eve. Its DW's birthday and we always just stay home for a nice dinner and coconut cake and go to be early. We will have DS#1 and DDIL. Maybe a friendly game of Monopoly.

Taking DS#1 for a bird hunt today. He is bring their big goofy pooch who he says is not gun shy and has a good nose. This could be interesting.

BBB OP ;-)

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I can smell puppy breath from here!! I'm with Lee. Top pup in photo, though both are adorable! Good Luck! One is going to be so lucky to land that home!!!

NYE plans? homestayers, we are in a pandemic lol. I'm not stepping into a cesspool of covid pubs or restaurants with libations putting people's guards down, kissing at midnight. Yikes. Lol. ;) WHERE YOUR F'ING Masks. Did you see that kid on Jimmy Kimmel last night??? Lol

Snow here, some... but could've been more imo! Though ds1 flies out at 1pm, so I'm sure he's glad flights are going. 1 week with me is likely enough mama time lol!

The plow just went by and piled up our driveway so Tom best get out there and clear it soon ha.

Have a great day BBB

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

The grandkids are over again. Their parents are heading up to the snow for a day of skiing. Rain down here in the lowlands.

My dentist was taking the week off, but is seeing "emergencies" today. They booked me in to determine why my temporarily crowned tooth continues to hurt. I can manage the pain pretty well, with ibuprofen, but that stuff is bad for your liver if taken too often - and I have been taking high doses four times a day for two weeks.

We used to go to a NYE watch night service at the post chapel on Fort Lewis. No such activities planned during the pandemic. We'll be home listening to the knuckleheads setting off illegal fireworks.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Love puppies so long as they belong to someone else, Both very cute!
    Our New Years Eve will be another quite evening, heavy rain expected.
    Hope DS1's goofy dog proves you totally wrong.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

So, there was a little excitement yesterday. A cat made a suicide leap into my balcony. It was clearly a house cat, so I walked it around to the likely suspects to see if it was theirs. It wasn't.

After posting on a couple FB and Nextdoor things, I finally got instructions on how what the heck to do and found an emergency vet to scan for a chip. Thankfully, she had one and was reunited with her family last night. n7134w6ofm7c.jpg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Very cute pups. That's quite a haul to the panhandle Raine. Sam and I are actually closer than you are.
    • Lucky cat.
    • Let's hope things quiet down in Aldie. Let's also hope there aren't ruined lives, just detours.
    • I can envision this hunting trip. Tess and Babe look over at their cousin thinking what the heck?
    • Sophia, the CR-V has her new roof rack cross bars installed. All she needs now is a kayak rack.
    • NYE will be just the two of us here (well 3 of us if you count the growly mutt). Hopefully a good movie and a tasty meal.