Welcome! Little about myself!

Options
aleedol17
aleedol17 Posts: 5 Member
I am an RN in graduate school for anesthesia. I am married to a chef (not as great as everyone thinks/he made me fat! LOL). I have three dogs and moved to annapolis a year ago (originally from Indiana). I currently started working out at 24HR Fitness. I need to lose 60-80lbs. I work out 5-6 times a week. Usually spinning classes, zumba, elliptical, body pump (new favorite). I gained a lot of weight after meeting my husband and going to nursing school where i spent a lot of studying aka snack time. I am hoping to avoid it this time around. I would like to meet people to exercise with and general support. I have managed to lose 10lbs and keep it off this summer but just recently became more dedicated to changing my lifestyle. I recently purchased the UP band by jawbone. Love it. It made me realize my metabolism sucks. I only burn 1800-2000 calories a day with 1-2 hrs of vigorous exercise. Which has made me more dedicated to by calorie goals. I used to eat healthy for 5-6 days, step on the scale and it wouldnt change so I would give up and eat whatever I want. Now I know I need to be more constant with my diet and be patient. It took me 6 years to put on the weight. Now I need to be patient as it comes off. I tore my ACL January 2012 and had knee surgery. I still have a little front knee pain from the bone graft site but can pretty much do whatever I want besides actual running on hard surfaces.

Replies

• WineFoodPhoto
    WineFoodPhoto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also moved to the area about a year ago. I'm about 20 minutes away from Annapolis and I have about 20 pounds to lose.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I moved to the area about 6 yrs ago. Am about 15-20 minutes from annapolis. Lots to lose, but pretty active nevertheless.
  • passportpolly
    Options
    hi,
    I live in Towson and enjoy walking and biking. Happy to connect with others, Lost 9 pounds so far.
    Thanks
  • DDR470
    DDR470 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been in the area (Arnold) for about 4 years, moved here from Kansas City. About a year ago, I decided to get serious about my health and began working to lose weight, eat healthier, and get more exercise. I lost about 30 lbs, looked and felt great, while sticking (for the most part) to a 1200 calorie/day diet and doing zumba twice a week at Big Vanilla. But this past winter, I went through a bad breakup, had some health issues, and lost my motivation. Now I'm trying to get back on track, and would like to lose an additional 20-30 lbs. I recently started running in the early morning 3 days/week, just joined a hiking/climbing group, and am getting back to my zumba classes. I'd love to meet some people here in the local area who may be interested in anything from working out together to meeting up for light lunches. I have some good friends, but none of them are really devoted to anything remotely healthy....LOL
  • aleedol17
    aleedol17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested, we could start a meet up on saturdays around the annapolis area. I love hiking, biking and anything outdoors. Its starting to get chilly but I think its perfect for hiking. I am fairly new to the area so if anyone knows of good parks/places to hike suggestions welcome. Message me if your interested!
  • WineFoodPhoto
    WineFoodPhoto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love taking my dog to Quiet Waters Park to explore the trails. I usually walk for an hour or so then stop by the dog park and let him get rid of the rest of his energy. We'd love company sometimes if you're interested.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My names Kim I live just outside of annapolis in Cape St. Claire I grew up all around the Annapolis area though. I lost 46 pounds in 2011 but after going through a divorce/having to travel alot and living in a roommate situation where i couldnt cook much ive gained some of it back and now that im back in a good place im starting over.