New Year... need to get serious!

Options
Hi everyone! I've used MFP on and off for a couple of years, with mixed success. When I apply myself I think it's great. I'm a middle of the pack runner and now that I'm in my mid 50s it's harder to maintain fitness and still achieve personal running goals. I have London Marathon, Berlin Marathon and the Great North Run looming in the autumn (all within three weeks of each other) and I would really like to be fit enough to enjoy them whilst achieving respectable times... for me.

There are lots of high profile elite athletes who are vegan, proving that being vegan is not a barrier to, and in fact can support a highly active lifestyle and sporting achievement. However, general life stuff gets in the way of me eating as well as I could/should and I'm hoping that becoming more active on MFP will give me the impetus I need to do just that.

Here's to success in 2021!

Replies

• flyygal
    flyygal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I watched the documentary- The Game Changers and it has definitely been a game changer for me. Iv been on MFP for about 10 years now and I’v generally been conscious about what I eat. I plan to try plant-based diet for the next 90 days.
  • Joridley101
    Joridley101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck Flyygal! I've been vegan for about 10 years and the reason I started was because my colleagues were always bringing in really unhealthy (but lovely) snacks to work. I needed a circuit breaker as I was slowly piling on the pounds, and just eating relatively badly. Going vegan for a bit meant that I couldn't eat the stuff they brought in. I never expected it to last long... 10 years later. I'm now more focused on the environmental benefits and of course animal welfare, but being vegan is better for your health in so many different ways. ...and before anyone mentions the P word, you can get lots of protein from so many plant based sources.