Happy 2021 Cuppa Joe

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Hello, my friends! I'm just going to repost my fb thing from this morning, which were my wordy musings :wink: for the new year. Hugs all around!

A fresh slate
Promise
Second chances
The anticipation of new
Look back to learn
Look ahead for direction
Embrace each moment
Priorities
What matters most?
Mindfulness
Intentionality
God is who He says He is – Do I trust Him?
I am a limited creature with an unlimited capacity for growth.
Grace
Balance
Protect
Love

“Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:15-16)

Time is relentless … it just keeps moving, like the waves of the ocean. Days come upon me like waves, and then they’re gone. I'm submerged completely - joyful and scary and disconcerting and right and repetetive and cleansing and overwhelming - for a moment. And then it's gone. I don’t get to relive a single one. So, I want to LIVE each one fully. I want to “make the most of each opportunity” – basking in each moment, exploding with gratitude, staying intentionally aware of my behaviors and attitudes and their trajectories, continually softening my heart and mind to new learnings through a willingness to be molded, not wasting time or resources or breath or words, but instead perpetually defaulting toward what matters MOST.

And if I ever wonder what that is: “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Co. 13:13)

Love God, love people. It all comes back to that.

Smoothing out the rough edges of me.
Humility.
Service - the action of love.
Clay in the Potter's hands.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year BBB!

"Loves" Lisa's wordy musings. Thank you Lisa.

Too much food and drink this last week plus. Raine is talking about doing a cleanse. I'm not sure what that is but I should probably do one.

Played Monopoly for the first time in over 30 years last night with DW, DS#1, and DDIL. I clobbered them. Pure luck, really. I usually suck.

In bed by 9 pm.

Thankful we are all here for another go around.

BBB OP ;-)
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Happy new year BBB

Great thoughts Lisa. This has been a rough year for many...I am blessed.

We are going to try out a whole food/plant based eating plan for all of January. Lots of science behind it. Going to miss cheese the most but not really interested in the alternative versions. We already were only eating meat 2-4 days a week so it won't be a complete shock. Ron wanted to ditch alcohol too but I'm not interested in giving that up at this point. I rarely have more than 3 a week and I consider that a happy moderation for me. He can if he wants.

I'll eventually post a photo of our view if the sun ever comes out.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB.

Good to see you kicking the year off, Lisa.

We should try the "economically challenged Filipino" diet. Back in the day, when times were hard, there, red meat was a luxury, So it was eaten sparingly - mostly to liven up the vegetables. Protein came from lots of seafood. Nobody feared carbs, so veggies and rice filled stomachs. The result was a nation of slim, fit people, who lived long, active lives. Now, with a much stronger economy, there is a lot more to eat, including American fast food, and obesity is becoming an issue.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year,
    Watched the year come in from the comfort of my bed,
    Rainy day in Georgia, temps should be near 70
    DramaMIL, hyped herself up as being sick last night; sent BP way up 212/92, after making her sit down and shut up BP better than mine 138/70. Also she is now holding left arm again saying she cannot use it because they had replaced her battery, that was several weeks ago; she want to be sick so bad so she can get attention. I keep offering to drop her off at hospital then they can get her placed in assisted living.
    Races here in Georgia makes me want to turn phones off as well as TV and radio.
    One has a history of child sexual abuse and domestic violence very little reported
    Other has never had a real job and is under federal investigation for dealing with Communist China and accepting funds from Palestinians
    Then we have two that started with nothing, worked hard, have been very prosperous and have donated large sums to State and organizations; since when is it a crime to be wealthy?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year BBB Friends.
    • I was sound asleep before midnight. Someone woke me with a kiss. Not sure who it was.
    • Fireworks used to really spook Emma. Now that she is deaf, not so much.
    • Definitely will be glad to have this Senate run-off election behind us. The ads are nauseating.
    • Well it's time to pay the piper for a year of careless eating. We'll see if I remember how to count points. I got 10# to get off.
    • Army's Black Knights played a good game yesterday. Close but no cigar. Some really good college football games today.
    • Thanks for the inspiration Lisa.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy New Year!

Let's just all keep it low key and not ask too much from the Baby New Year or we might scare it off and get extra time with 2020. Okay?

I gave Cecilia a F&F membership to WW to play with and now she's questioning EVERYTHING. I may have made a terrible mistake.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year !!!

After we enjoy some Southern Banana pudding the I made today, oy vey, we are counting calories on MFP.

Sounds like many of us want to drop some pounds in 2021. Maybe we can visit that topic a bit, each day here too? Support helps...

I'm on a Netflix watching The Crown binge this afternoon. It's snowing ever so slightly.

Glad its only Friday! Have a great first day of the year!

• steplinn398
    Options
    I'll be your accountability buddy Mary. My goals are to move 2021 miles in 2021, average 1200 calories a day and continue IF with the window being 1-8pm. Also plant based for January and maybe beyond. Day one ✔️
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    New thing, in case you hadn't heard, Dennis. LT members no longer have to pay for a Monthly Pass to come back. Instead, you can attend all the workshops you want, both Virtual and/or In-Person, plus have all the digital tools, for the monthly fee of 14.95 (which is what eTools are when the free months expire). I love this! No more fees for being over goal. They're making it MUCH easier for LT members to come back!

I'm launching a new Virtual on Sunday mornings, too, if you're interested. It's at 10am EST, and is through the Holland Connect link. It will be the first one this week, so I really hope some people show up! I still do the Monday 9:30 through that link, too, and the Tuesday 5:30 through the Grandville link.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Here we go Big 10 !! Ya'll know I'm still cheering Ohio State tonite!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Mary, I believe Ohio State has it.
    Its been raining all day here
  • steplinn398
    Options
    Lisa good to know. I'm an over goal LT.