Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
uoc4j31esg8j.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and open
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,434 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone .... My name is Megan and I am one of the Moderator's of Fat2Fit and a Co-Captain with our awesome Captain Linda for our downsizer team... I also do the recruiting for new members of all teams each month :) .....I have been with MFP off and on since 2009.. I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts... I have been back now since December 2018... I am a single mom to 2 kids .My son who is 21 does not live with me ....my daughter who is 15 whom I have homeschooled since she started school (she is now a Sophomore) ...I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life .... I have 2 dogs Dakota my German Shepherd and Aspen my Siberian husky and walking partner (Dakota has bad hips and its hard for him to walk) so he just uses the backyard for his exercise...I also have 2 grandma calico kitties(Mocha 16 and Kylie 16 1/2) and a very talkative parrot named Petey ...Prior to becoming a single mom I was an ER nurse for almost 20 years ... I loved it but I did not want anyone raising my daughter (her father has denied her from day 1 ) his loss ..Looking forward to supporting all of you and watching your journey ...2021 is gonna be our year :)

Now for the step challenge ______

Please let me know if you plan to stay , leave , be excused or want to join the step challenge ....All you do for the step challenge is walk or any kind of exercise and post your steps daily or weekly.. we also give a pledge step (that means we give a number(example mine is 20,000 steps a day ) and I try to make it to that daily ....I have a converter chart so you can do mostly anything and I can convert it into steps if you would like ...for example...Bicycle vigorous 14-15.9 mph would give you 250 x however many minutes= example would be 250x 60 minutes =15,000 steps ..I hope many of you want to be part of it ... it is fun to push yourself further and feel accomplished (at least that is how I feel )
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Your daughter is so lucky to have such a dedicated Mom! <3

I'm staying with the step challenge, pledging 10k or greater steps a day.
    Thank you!

I just wanted to share this website link, it's a list of 100 things you can do instead of eat:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Alishas-list-of-100-THINGS-TO-DO-BESIDE-EAT-1.pdf

I am printing a weight loss coloring chart like this one:
    2vqfa6171kkd.jpg
    I found it at:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com/free-printable-weight-loss-trackers/
    (you have to scroll down to find the printables)

Happy New Year!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Your daughter is so lucky to have such a dedicated Mom! <3

I'm staying with the step challenge, pledging 10k or greater steps a day.
    Thank you!

I just wanted to share this website link, it's a list of 100 things you can do instead of eat:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Alishas-list-of-100-THINGS-TO-DO-BESIDE-EAT-1.pdf

I am printing a weight loss coloring chart like this one:
    2vqfa6171kkd.jpg
    I found it at:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com/free-printable-weight-loss-trackers/
    (you have to scroll down to find the printables)

Happy New Year!

Aww thank you for such a nice compliment .... glad you are staying on our step ...I like trying to keep up with you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers January team chat! Happy New Year! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970. Ziortza @Z10Rtza and Tanya @litterflutterby are our wonderful team motivators.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I walk normally for exercise but that has been sidelined due to nerve pain. We should be into our new apartment by mid January once we are released from quarantine. It has both a pool and an exercise room so once our province is out of lockdown I will be making use of them. I am going to try a new approach to weight loss this year. I am not going to make binge eating my focus and instead set goals that will help conquer the problem.

January goals
    1. Sleep minimum 7 hours a night.
    2. 4000 steps daily
    3. Drink 90 ounce water
    4. Eat 3 healthy snacks each day
    5. Track and measure every bite that goes in my mouth

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. If you want to participate let her know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    You two make me feel like a slacker.

01/01/2021
    walked 60 minutes at 2.8mph (I will pledge whatever 20 minutes of walking at 2.7mph is)
    drank 126 oz water.
    logged food.
    under calorie budget.
    saw the new year in so sleep not so great. :(

We had people over for breakfast and lunch today. Breakfast is McDonald's for everyone else and I make my own breakfast(usually oatmeal or eggs and toast). Lunch we had cheesy potato or chili soup and maidrites, a relish and cheese tray followed by peach cobbler and butter pecan ice cream for dessert. I have a severe lactose intolerance so had chili, peach , cobbler and the relish tray.
    Today, I walked laps on the sidewalk in front of our house and my aunt's house for an hour cuz the roads were too icy and the other walks weren't clear. Going to have to be creative to get walks in this winter.
    Hoping to get back to lifting weights at the rec center. Might have to come up with some creative scheduling now that colleges are on break and we can only have three people in the weight room at a time.

Could anyone recommend a good ten minute core program. My core is weak and think it affects my posture. Can be pretty easy because I am a beginner. Thanks.

For the new people. I am Deb. I am a pancreas/kidney transplant recipient. I am considered chronic kidney disease stage 3b. I joined MFP March 2020 and the Fat2Fit challenge in December. This is a great, supportive group. Looking forward to reading all your posts and learning about you.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You two make me feel like a slacker.

01/01/2021
    walked 60 minutes at 2.8mph (I will pledge whatever 20 minutes of walking at 2.7mph is)
    drank 126 oz water.
    logged food.
    under calorie budget.
    saw the new year in so sleep not so great. :(

We had people over for breakfast and lunch today. Breakfast is McDonald's for everyone else and I make my own breakfast(usually oatmeal or eggs and toast). Lunch we had cheesy potato or chili soup and maidrites, a relish and cheese tray followed by peach cobbler and butter pecan ice cream for dessert. I have a severe lactose intolerance so had chili, peach , cobbler and the relish tray.
    Today, I walked laps on the sidewalk in front of our house and my aunt's house for an hour cuz the roads were too icy and the other walks weren't clear. Going to have to be creative to get walks in this winter.
    Hoping to get back to lifting weights at the rec center. Might have to come up with some creative scheduling now that colleges are on break and we can only have three people in the weight room at a time.

Could anyone recommend a good ten minute core program. My core is weak and think it affects my posture. Can be pretty easy because I am a beginner. Thanks.

For the new people. I am Deb. I am a pancreas/kidney transplant recipient. I am considered chronic kidney disease stage 3b. I joined MFP March 2020 and the Fat2Fit challenge in December. This is a great, supportive group. Looking forward to reading all your posts and learning about you.

I was a transplant nurse many years ago as well as a dialysis nurse. I miss those days. As a dialysis nurse it really became like a second family. I really enjoyed the miracle of transplant too. Thanks for sharing that about yourself.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @draby2011 - how frustrating. It’s good that you didn’t say what you wanted to say in anger but it probably still needs to be said. Is your mom trying to get her diabetes in control now that she has had an amputation? You need to have a heart to heart with her about boundaries. If she’s not going to do what she needs to do to take care of herself that’s her choice. But she needs to respect your choices that you make for you and your family. Hopefully, she will listen and start taking care of herself. You and I both know it won’t stop at the foot amputation if she doesn’t make some real changes. Hang in there, you are doing a great job.

@shortyjmorgan1 - great goals!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in Jan. 1
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - 2 hours walking
    Steps - 13 966

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. Please keep me at 10 000 steps a day! Thank you.

Hello new people!

My name is Laura and I have been in this group a couple of months now!
    It's a wonderful group because everyone is supportive no matter what is going on with you!
    It's great too because you can post goals like the daily steps and you are given kudos when you achieve it!

I have been overweight almost all my life, since I was about 8 or 9. I wasn't that overweight in the beginning, but it got worse and worse over time. Recently it has started to negatively impact my health in various ways and that is my big motivation for changing my lifestyle and getting healthier, slimmer and fitter.

I have lost about 50 pounds so far. I have a long way to go, I am so happy to have support. It really makes a difference!

I wish you great success on your journeys! We CAN and WILL get this done TOGETHER!

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/1: 10,503

I'm in for the step challenge again and will commit to 15,000 steps per day. Maybe going forward I'll be more consistent with getting the steps in😉.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    CW: 238
    Lbs lost this week: 3lbs
    SW: 278
    Total weight lost: 40

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Username DawnCumm
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 255
    CW (Current Weight): 156

Question: Do I update my PW to 156 next Saturday or does it stay the same?

I would like to join the step challenge with 10,000 steps per day. Have a long sit down job daily so even this will be a challenge. 59 years and my goals are:

1) 10,000 steps
    2) 1200 calories logged on FP daily
    3) No wine with meals except on Sunday (we do family meals when we can, COVID considering)

I would like to lose 16 more pounds and I just don't seem to be able to get to goal, but giving it a good try!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Username DawnCumm
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 255
    CW (Current Weight): 156

Question: Do I update my PW to 156 next Saturday or does it stay the same?

I would like to join the step challenge with 10,000 steps per day. Have a long sit down job daily so even this will be a challenge. 59 years and my goals are:

1) 10,000 steps
    2) 1200 calories logged on FP daily
    3) No wine with meals except on Sunday (we do family meals when we can, COVID considering)

I would like to lose 16 more pounds and I just don't seem to be able to get to goal, but giving it a good try!

Yes you change your PW to the week before. So 156 will be your starting weight and next week will be your first weight loss result of the month :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So slight change of plan, I was just about to hunker down with posting, but then a friend posted on FB looking for a walking buddy! So I guess I'm going for a walk! lol. She should be here soon :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I only have 10 members for our step challenge ... Please let me know if you want to drop out, be excused, added or what not by tomorrow so I can add it to the spreadsheet ...Thank you
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I guess I didn't want to say goodbye to December - I just did a bucket load of posts over there. I'm still in, Megan, but could you please change my step goal to 9,000? Thanks for your continued support of the team.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Naive question peeps, if I use a fitbit while on an elliptical will it measure my steps correctly? Gonna’ start using that baby again since I can’t really walk with anyone here.

I did not give much of an intro, so here I go. 59 years, live in Northern California. Have a son and two grandkids, two pups, two horses. Hubby does most of the cooking which can be a bit of a struggle to make sure it is something healthy, he has not been overweight a day in his life so just doesn’t get it. I never was overweight probably because I was very physical as a kid, grew up on a farm, showed horses every week and we were always moving. I literally gained 100 lbs the first year of marriage when I was in my 20s. Then up/down for years on end. Hope that I have outgrown all of the bad habits but I still love my pizza, tacos, burgers…..so I certainly could go back to 255 or more. My parents were both around 300lbs.

My main needs are to move and exercise at my age I am afraid of the ‘if you don’t use it you will lose it’ so need to build strength. I love my family; we do the typical Italian Family Sunday dinners which I adore! Love animals, been a vegetarian most my life but obviously never learned to eat healthy. That being said my bloodwork has always been very good post a year of being a vegetarian so that is something I guess. I love to travel, we do less now but I was lucky enough to go to Africa in early 2020 and planning Jamaica in a month with a family wedding. My hubs is from the UK so we have done a lot of travel in that area of world. We will be married 40 years in 2022 and I want to go back to a location in Italy where we spent our 30th, absolutely wonderful Michelin Star bed and breakfast in the Umbria hills. That is about it, so happy to be with you all on this challenge! Let's do this!!!!
This discussion has been closed.