Calories

Options
Do you guys eat back your exercise calories? I don't usually, sometimes I eat back some of them. I can't get my head around the idea of "earning" more calories to eat. How do you guys feel about it?

If it makes a difference, I have 35 lbs to lose and have my goal set at 1200, exercising an hour 6 days a week.

Replies

• cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do the TDEE method and for me it simplifies it. You get a number for the week and it has exercise incorporated into it.

This is the calculator I use
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I just dropped from 1650 to 1550 to see if I could move the scale.

When I started to think of food as fuel I was able to grasp my head around the concept. Your body burns so many calories just to keep you living (for me it's 1430) so I realized I needed to feed it enough calories for that. Then when I'm asking it to move more I need to feed it more to do what I ask! I'm still in a deficit from the amount of calories I am using for the day
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I do TDEE also, although I haven't been eating well for a few weeks. Whoops
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think that for larger people, it is not as important. However, reading around on the forum, it seems once you are under idk 170 or so, it seems that eating becomes more important in order to keep your body fueled. I have been eating most of my exercise calories back. I have lost inches but not weight yet. So since I have not been able to move my ticker and feel like I should get faster progress then I have, I increased my minimum calorie intake from 1200 to 1400 to see if it matters as much as everyone says it does. For your other question, I only do as much cardio as I do so I can eat more :)