Welcome

Options
cassi9879
cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
Hello, my name is Cassi Schmigotzki. I'm the gal that always thought gym class was stupid. I'm the meat and potatoes kid, not liking many fruits or veggies. I just ate what I wanted, how much I wanted, and whenever I wanted. I knew I needed to lose weight but refused to go on a diet because they're so restrictive on what you can and can't eat. If I dieted I'd probably die of starvation because they focus on eating lots and lots of fruits and veggies.

The opportunity came up for me to join Weight Watchers in March. I don't know what it really was but the whole portion control just instantly clicked with me. I stopped drinking soda and only drink water. There's an occasional tea or milk thrown in there. I started eating breakfast every day. That first month alone I lost 8.8 lbs!

The weather started warming up and I was looking to start introducing some kind of exercise. Initially I was going to walk in my neighborhood but really didn't want to do it alone. I'd posted something on Facebook and my Coach somehow found me. She introduced me to the Beachbody programs. Because I didn't really have the money to buy any programs yet I checked out a couple from the library and watched them. My husband and I both said "no way" to me being able to do some things. We decided that I needed to start slow and work my way up.

Tai Cheng was the best option for me. When I did the initial function test I was wobbling all over the place and could barely hold my balance. At the end of the 90 days most of the wobbling was gone along with most of my active and suppressed pain. It's like I was a new woman! I started Slim in 6 afterwards to work on my core and shrink my tummy; I just finished the first half of this program.

As of Tuesday's weigh in I've lost 37.2 lbs since starting my journey to better health and wellness. It's been relatively easy for me to lose weight and inches. I've only had a few small gains and haven't reached any plateaus (hoping I never do). Is improving health and wellness my life's passion? I already know that I'm supposed to be helping others but never knew in what capacity. I believe that this may be the thing I'm to do with my life - improving my health and wellness and helping others to do so too. That's why I decided to become a Coach.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself, including where you are on your journey and your ultimate health and fitness goals. I look forward to working with you!