Thursday Cuppa Joe 1.21.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Morning Cuppa Joe

"....but I've read the script and the costume fits, so I'll play my part." ~Cleopatra

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Skip, interestingly, new cars don't really thrill me much. It's kind of a necessary evil that I wish I didn't have to spend money on, somewhere above "new furnace" and WAY below "new cute dress". But I've never liked the car I'm driving now (although a friend of mine gave me a blingy steering wheel cover last year that helped a lot), and this new one is definitely better. Before it, I'd been driving a cute little red car with a sunroof, and we gave that to our daughter and I took Jim's boring gray one with no sunroof. It was newer, so we thought it would last longer. We were wrong. It was boring and it didn't last as well. The little red one that my daughter is driving is still going strong. When the guy at the dealership asked me what I wanted, I really had no idea except that I wanted it to be pretty and have a sunroof. I think he'll probably use that in some jokes with his friends in the future ... I would, if I were him.

I do a couple in-person WW workshops today, and then lead Bible Study tonight. Aside from that, it should be a quiet day. Our fridge and dishwasher that were supposed to be delivered in November, then got moved to Jan 5, are now scheduled for Jan 26. Shall we cast bets on if that gets moved back again? It wouldn't be such a big deal, but I promised our old fridge to a family who needed one, and I hate having to keep putting it off.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Lisa - I love the "authenticity" - .....pretty w/ a sunroof! I've used pretty outlandish one liners to justify a new car....

Glad everything was without incident here in DC yesterday. Purposely didn't watch anything - but glad its over with.

Flying DF in tomorrow for a weekend. A friend from VFW is having a milestone birthday and invited the Marine. Will be a good quick visit and break up monotony. Though this is playoff weekend football and he doesn't really like football. So we'll see how that turns out.....

Didn't win powerball - so I guess its a full day in the office!

~Skipper
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB
    We are heading back up to Port St Joe to test 2 puppies - one from each litter - a little over 6 weeks old - a bit younger than optimum testing age but it will be fine.
    I’ll try to hop in more - my routine is all messed up lately.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I want to have a proper mid-life crisis car for my next one, but should probably just get an Accord.

Cecilia seems to be finding a groove with WW. Dinner last night was tilapia, asparagus and 2-ingredient rolls for a total of 3 points.

Of course, I'm ready to chew my own arm off now...
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning bbb

Today is house cleaning day. It's cloudy so may drive north to Wilmington and walk around there.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

My favorite car was a '93 Nissan Pathfinder - fire-engine red, with chrome bumpers and wheels. Best drive to the trailhead car I ever had. Current RAV4, lacks the high center of gravity for the really bad dirt roads, but it is tops on reliability, with 250K + and counting.

Spent last evening in a Zoom meeting of church leaders. I am embarking on a three-year term, so there will be many more such meetings.

Skip, I watched everything, yesterday, after avoiding the last inauguration, so the two of us have the universe in balance.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Day 4 of just me and the dog. We are both doing well but missing Mama.
    • Follow up appointment with the oral surgeon yesterday. He says I have healthy gums and I'm healing well.
    • Raine, it is good to hear from you. Good luck with the pups. Port St. Joe / Apalachicola is a great area. Not built up and great seafood.
    • Enjoy the new Mazda Lisa. Zoom, Zoom.
    • Day 21 of tracking all I eat. So far, so good.
    • I hope you're doing well Sam.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Steph - WILMINGTON is where we think we'll be moving to next! LOVE the area!

Good to know Yin/Yang and balance exist, SGM! Holy Cow - 250k miles! Thats awesome!

Hang in there Dennis/Emma! No outrageous house parties!

Can't wait for report from Tom/Raine!
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Hi