Options
124»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 ❤️❤️❤️

@mshawski big hugs back! Your thoughtfulness helps me.
    BTW, you don’t happen in live near SF, do you? I’m love 5-year-olds. Wish I could help!!
    Hang in there; schools will be open pretty soon, looks like!! 😘
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Oh no @MadisonMolly2017, I'm sorry. You made her final days and entire life comfortable.

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Stretching (20) TOTAL: 20 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | *Base + 68
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---
    *NOTE: Stretching counted as half the calories

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 20%
    Pass Days Used: --

@MaltedTea
    Thank you SO MUCH. Your comment really means a lot. You always know how to cheer folks in this group - much appreciated by all. 😘
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Bovaryoo wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got to spend these last days with her.

Thank you Bovaryoo! Me too! 😘
    BTW: Are you a Madame Bovary fan?
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm so sorry about Stella.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm so sorry about Stella.

Thank you, Chef! 😘
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Pass days used this month: 1
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Tracked logged stayed under did some cardio work medicine balls slams etc perhaps some spin tomorrow.

@MaltedTea did you ever get a medicine ball?

Not yet! I'm waiting until the sports shop near me reopens so that I can support local business. Can't wait though cuz your workout sounds like such cathartic fun lol
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Lol, yes, I am. I'm not sure I would have loved the book so much, though, if I hadn't seen the 1949 film first.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Lol, yes, I am. I'm not sure I would have loved the book so much, though, if I hadn't seen the 1949 film first.

I also love the graphic novel... set in modern times :)
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/536835.Gemma_Bovery
  • Bovaryoo
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Oh, I didn't know about this one, and I love graphic novels! Thanks!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Feb 23
    ✅✅😘
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

RIP Stella 🐈
    May 15, 2003 - Feb 23, 2021
    GRATEFUL for all the years, “Kitten”🥰
    The first time since 1982, my husband pointed out, that it’s been just the two of us. The hardest part has been seeing the sorrow in a guy who never cries. We are focusing on how lucky we were & how we “did right by her.”

Also GRATEFUL for my doctor who prescribed a medication for me yesterday that has eased my heart symptoms & gotten my bp back to normal. Also, he said this is NOT Dangerous at all!

I
    Hugs,
    Maddie

Oh wow. I am so far behind. Maddie, I am so sorry to see this. :( Condolences on the loss of your fine companion and friend. :( They are SO much more than pets it is very difficult and they take part of our hearts when they have to go. You are doing so well considering both your and your husband's hearts are breaking.

bON
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Oh, I didn't know about this one, and I love graphic novels! Thanks!

@Bovaryoo it’s one of my very favorites! I’d love to know some of your favorite graphic novels!
  • Bovaryoo
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Yes, I'd love your book recs too!

Monstress
    Blacksad
    Nimona
    Blankets
    My Favorite Thing is Monsters
    Maus
    Stardust and Sandman series both by Neil Gaiman
    Saga
    Fables (A bit behind and these can be a little uneven)
    Locke & Key
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @IamIamsmakeover You are doing so great!! Congratulations!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @Madisonmolly I am so so sorry to hear about Stella. It breaks my heart. I am going to share a story with you that I hope helps you with your grief!
    I was despondent this month, too, because my sweet Rommy boy passed away two years ago. He was our beloved Golden Retriever and our 3rd one! Rommy was scared of his own shadow, but one of the sweetest and most gentle dogs you would ever meet! I loved all my Golden's, but he was EXTREMELY special to me, as he used to go to work with me every day when I used to work in doggie daycare with 75 dogs a day. He LOVED it there playing with his friends and swimming in the pool, trying to catch bubbles in the air when we turned on the bubble machine and passed out in the car on the ride home exhausted! He was only 7 when they found a 12-pound tumor on his spleen. I was lucky to be able to be in the surgery room with him. I was working at VCA Animal Hospital at this time, so they let me go in with him! My husband couldn't bear to watch them operate on him, but I couldn't bear the thought of my baby in there by himself without me! The surgery was a success, and he was doing great, but then two days later, we woke in the morning, and he was on our bathroom floor, gums were white ( means severely dehydrated ). I knew this was a terrible sign, but I didn't want to alarm my husband, as he was barely holding on! We put him in the car and rushed him to the hospital! My husband driving, and I was lying in the back of the truck next to Rommy sobbing and telling him over and over how much I loved him! He stood up for a second, he was so weak but looked at the window, so I put the window down. Rommy held his head out the window, letting the wind blow on his face like he loved to do! He then collapsed back down next to me! We arrived, and they brought the gurney out, and my husband helped load him on there, and I know that Rommy held out for my husband who was driving because he lifted his head off the gurney and licked my husband's face, and that was the end! God, even writing this, I am sobbing! Not a day goes by that I do not miss him! We were EXACTLY like you and your husband! Alone without a dog for the first time in 33 years! We could not even bear the pain, and the house seemed like a tomb! His water and food bowls, toys around the house, and the vomit piles he had made all over the upstairs before he collapsed on our bathroom floor! I sat on the bathroom floor where he had been and just sobbed uncontrollably, and my husband was on the internet. He had found us a Golden Retriever puppy that was 2 hours away on a farm. In the past, we always got a puppy when the older dog started to show signs of decline because we could not stand the thought of not having a dog to love! We, however, never thought he would die at age 7 and showed no signs of anything wrong until I had noticed his stomach one day protruding out the sides! The day we lost Rommy, I believe that Rommy sent us Buckley so we would be happy again!
    This month I looked at my new 2021 calendar on the date he passed away this month, but I noticed something through my tear-filled eyes. I ALWAYS buy Golden Retriever calendars, and I saw the face of the dog for this month, then I turned pages and looked at the month it would Be Rommy's birthday ( October ) and looked at that dog posted, then looked at the month that Buckley was born ( December ) and I could not believe what I saw! This first dog pic was on the calendar for the month he passed away ( February ). The second pic is the month of his birthday ( October ), The last one is Buckley's birthday month ( December )
    Do YOU notice anything about these dog pics? The sad pic dog looks like my Rommy boy, and he misses us too deeply! The next pic of the dog running wild, free, and happy is his birthday month, and I like to think he is letting me know this is what he is doing up in heaven right now with all my other sweet Golden's RIP Cinnamon, Loomis, Rommy! The last pic looks like my 2-year old Buckley, we have now, and he often makes this face, and this pic was on Buckley's birthday month! This is a LONG story, but when I saw these dog pics on the pages for the important months of my dog's life and death, it somehow gave me comfort and hope it does you too! Your sweet Stella is no longer suffering, and she is still with you from above! :'(<3
    20210220_011848
    8s9m6h2pzkl0.jpg

imgnjkgldw3kwm3.jpg
    20210220_011848

gcxrd5rpnllm.jpg

20210220_011848
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Oooof, @ginadomaszewicz, this story is why I'm afraid to get another pet 😰 Still, it was sweet of you to share, no matter how bittersweet.