February 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Sorry I went AWOL for a couple days. My routine has been totally off track. I hated to admit it, but in the middle of a pandemic, we had 2 granddaughters (ages 3 and 5) for 8 days. My daughter and SIL had to attend a wedding half-way across the country. We kept thinking the wedding would be postponed but as we ticked closer, realized it was full steam ahead and SIL was the best man. So they left the girls with us and drove. They were an absolute delight and it was a treat to spend time with them but I am not used to that! They're up the same time as me, and grandma likes peace and quiet for the first 2 cups of coffee! Then getting everybody dressed, off to preschool, I'd work for 2.5 hours, pick them up, come home, play, eat, etc etc. Twice I bundled them up to play outside in the snow. I told hubby I felt like the mom from "A Christmas Story" bundling up Ralphie's brother. I was honestly exhausted before we ever walked out the door! A couple days I ran on the treadmill while they played. So exercise was not the problem, and even food choices were OK. It was once they went home that everything fell apart! Hubby brought home TWO bottles of wine - and once I start alcohol, the munchies hit. I have to be honest with myself, and claim two pass days already. No one to blame but myself. This is not "the end" - just part of the process.

Also - this morning I did get caught up on all the posts and there is one in particular that I have to comment on. @RangerRickL - you mentioned that Rose kicked you out of the kitchen when you retired and tried to rearrange her kitchen. I almost spit out my coffee when I read that. When my hubby and I had been dating just a month or two, he brought dinner to my house (he's a great cook and I think he wanted to impress me). At some point, I left the room to do something and when I came back into the kitchen, he was standing there with a cabinet door open and very proudly said "ta-da! I fixed your kitchen!" He had moved around some dishes/bowls for what he thought would be more organized. I was FURIOUS because I had been married for 32 years to an extremely manipulative man, was quite happy being single, and thought he was just another man that was going to constantly criticize and tell me what to do. I grabbed all the stuff he had brought, threw it into the box he brought it in, shoved the box into his chest and said "get out" while walking to the door! He had a look of complete shock on his face but walked out. I was still fuming when he very timidly knocked on the door and said that he couldn't leave under such bad circumstances, could we just talk about this? His reason/excuse was that he had worked in quality control for 25 years and he has trouble not looking/evaluating things for how they can be done better. I realized he wasn't a jerk, forgave him, and a year later we were married. We laugh about it now.

@biketheworld LOVE the story!
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yes x3
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - that sounds like an exhausting day! Sometimes technology that’s supposed to make our days easier can make it so, so much worse. Glad it was just the Apple Watch being broken! ❤️
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Sorry I went AWOL for a couple days. My routine has been totally off track. I hated to admit it, but in the middle of a pandemic, we had 2 granddaughters (ages 3 and 5) for 8 days. My daughter and SIL had to attend a wedding half-way across the country. We kept thinking the wedding would be postponed but as we ticked closer, realized it was full steam ahead and SIL was the best man. So they left the girls with us and drove. They were an absolute delight and it was a treat to spend time with them but I am not used to that! They're up the same time as me, and grandma likes peace and quiet for the first 2 cups of coffee! Then getting everybody dressed, off to preschool, I'd work for 2.5 hours, pick them up, come home, play, eat, etc etc. Twice I bundled them up to play outside in the snow. I told hubby I felt like the mom from "A Christmas Story" bundling up Ralphie's brother. I was honestly exhausted before we ever walked out the door! A couple days I ran on the treadmill while they played. So exercise was not the problem, and even food choices were OK. It was once they went home that everything fell apart! Hubby brought home TWO bottles of wine - and once I start alcohol, the munchies hit. I have to be honest with myself, and claim two pass days already. No one to blame but myself. This is not "the end" - just part of the process.

Also - this morning I did get caught up on all the posts and there is one in particular that I have to comment on. @RangerRickL - you mentioned that Rose kicked you out of the kitchen when you retired and tried to rearrange her kitchen. I almost spit out my coffee when I read that. When my hubby and I had been dating just a month or two, he brought dinner to my house (he's a great cook and I think he wanted to impress me). At some point, I left the room to do something and when I came back into the kitchen, he was standing there with a cabinet door open and very proudly said "ta-da! I fixed your kitchen!" He had moved around some dishes/bowls for what he thought would be more organized. I was FURIOUS because I had been married for 32 years to an extremely manipulative man, was quite happy being single, and thought he was just another man that was going to constantly criticize and tell me what to do. I grabbed all the stuff he had brought, threw it into the box he brought it in, shoved the box into his chest and said "get out" while walking to the door! He had a look of complete shock on his face but walked out. I was still fuming when he very timidly knocked on the door and said that he couldn't leave under such bad circumstances, could we just talk about this? His reason/excuse was that he had worked in quality control for 25 years and he has trouble not looking/evaluating things for how they can be done better. I realized he wasn't a jerk, forgave him, and a year later we were married. We laugh about it now.

I really enjoyed this story! I love that the UAC group has become much more than just a fitness and health site! I love hearing all the stories and getting to know everyone better! Thank you for sharing this funny story, although at the time, it was NOT funny! You can laugh at it now, though, and even tell your grandchildren one day, who will laugh too when older! The stories I hear from my Grandma's wild and crazy days when she and Gramps owned a tavern are the best! Thanks for sharing!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Feb 5
    Friday
    Tracked all to the gram!❤️
    Calories: PASS DAY 1, weekly avg 🆗
    Exercise 1:03❤️ 9.2K steps 🥰

Protein 89 ❤️
    Fiber 31 ❤️
    Sodium 3.323 🆗weekly average very low- to raise blood pressure
    Sat Fat 65 ⚠️⚠️⚠️Weekly avg ⚠️

A frightening day. Heart rate bouncing all over place on Apple Watch, fluttering in chest, scouring internet for info.
    Postural Tachycardia Syndrome

Super low blood pressure in AM.
    Scour internet
    “Hypotension”
    Drink water
    Eat salt
    Exercise

In PM hubby suggested I check the HR numbers against the pulse oximeter...
    Apparently the Apple Watch is broken or something... Thank God. I had wondered if it was when walking fast waving my arms I couldn’t get pulse over 68.

Anyway- ate a ton. Likely the stress, but when I look at my weekly numbers they are ok because I ate less & cleanly the rest of the week.

Contacted both medical teams. Waiting to hear back. Continuing to monitor NOT with the watch lol

Will eat at maintenance until things settle down. Dieting doesn’t seem to be my body’s game plan.

Off to check bp...

Amazing how everything can change in a second.

Oh no, Miss Molly! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that all gets worked out soon, and YOU are back to your old self soon! Big hugs, my friend!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,833 Member
    Options
    Feb 5
    Friday

A frightening day. Heart rate bouncing all over place on Apple Watch, fluttering in chest, scouring internet for info.
    Postural Tachycardia Syndrome

Super low blood pressure in AM.
    Scour internet
    “Hypotension”
    Drink water
    Eat salt
    Exercise

In PM hubby suggested I check the HR numbers against the pulse oximeter...
    Apparently the Apple Watch is broken or something... Thank God. I had wondered if it was when walking fast waving my arms I couldn’t get pulse over 68.

Hearts are funny things. Likely the fluttering in chest was because you were looking at it on the watch which was messed up. The more you are freaking out about your heart the more you get symptoms... sigh. My apple watch and fitbit NEVER agree on my HR. Today on my run my watch said my AVH was 190. Fitbit said 175. I tend to use Fitbit as the gold standard because back when I started running I also used a garmin chest strap and it agreed with Fitbit 99% vs the AW. I am sure the AW has some sort of algarhythm it uses, I hope today is much better for you. Definitely good idea to just eat at maintenance for a while... hugs.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    2/5/2021
    Exercised 20 minutes … Y
    All calories logged … Y
    Under calorie limit … Y
    Pass day remaining 2
    B)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Feb 5

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, Leslie Sansone- 45mins boosted walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Wow! What a scary time. Glad you feel your health is returning to normal.
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - Aerobics then Pickleball
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (tread and bike)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Wow! What a scary time. Glad you feel your health is returning to normal.

Thank you so much, @SModa61
    Yes, all better now!!!!!!
    ❤️
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    February 05

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 1h and 14 min of walking ( untill I reached 10,000 steps).
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, 1,190 / 1,200.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, 2,220 of fluid, I do still have a bottle of water to keep by the bed, so, it's okay so far.

Today I had the obstacle of family gathering. They kept offering me food; " just a bite ", " this is healthy and count as diet". Even though I kept telling them I already have eaten dinner and I'm done for the day. Thank god I managed to ward them off and it's all thanks to this group. If it was last month ( which actually happened ) I would have taken it easy and ate whatever they offered.

@RangerRickL I'm the same here, at the start I always feel tired and exhausted, but once I'm on it, it feels so easy as if I'm using different body.

@thabit11 Yayyyy well done!!! Wat u hve done is not easy but its so worth it!!!!