Wednesday 1.27.21 Cuppa Joe

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"I want to be able to say that I contributed more than I criticized." - Brene Brown

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    It's been a GREAT week so far when I can say I've seen 2 of my favorite guys! Mwah!
    Mary, I'm CONSTANTLY reading. A few good ones from this past year are A Man Called Ove, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, and Winter Garden. There have been a LOT more, but I'm not thinking of their titles at the moment.
    Yay for that vaccination, Dennis! I have a feeling it will be a LONG time before I make it onto the list.
    Your activity inspires me, Steph! I did get 8 Fit Points shovelling yesterday, though ... that's pretty good for me.

Today is my long day at work. The weather kept many away yesterday, but I'm hoping they venture back out today.

Did I tell you all that I got my new car? I know some of you saw on fb. We picked it up Saturday. It's a midnight blue Mazda CX30 with white leather interior and a sunroof. It drove really well on the snow yesterday, too! I kinda love it. :)
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Lisa, congratulations on the new car. I love the new car smell!! 🚘

Steph. 10 miles is a heck of a walk. Wow.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Congrats on the new whip, Lisa! Love the sound of Blue/White.....Glad it went through snow well! Enjoyed the Granbury meeting last night! 29 people....WOW!

HOA Meetings all day today, ugh.

Cheers,
    Skip
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Good morning

How the dinner date go Kelly?

My childhood bgff is still such, 45yrs is crazy and fortunate! We met in 4th grade.

Wow Steph good for you! Winter walking here, blah I haven't bundled up. I tried 30 min. of youtube cardio zumba for older folks. I'll try again today. I out fatted my winter coat and didn't but a new one.

My Dr. Virtual Visit yesterday summed up... I'm fat. Really.! No kidding. I'll go in lab for TSH blood test today, is been since June. Raised his eyebrows on the well im back down to my pre holiday weight. Sigh. Reminded me having no thyroid isn't easy, but its not impossible to lose weight without one. Just really challenging. Suggested to come see his nutritionist.

Well best get to my office bedroom.

Be well.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin ' BBB.
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    New cars, date nights, BBB visits, snow, and more - oh my you all are busy.
    Sunday we are going to visit the parents of a planned Duck Tolling Retriever litter - they will breed as soon as the female comes into heat. Meeting the parents will tell us if a pup from this litter could be suited for us. Love this journey.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Congratulations on the new car Lisa.
    • I agree with Kelly, a 10 mile walk is quite a hike.
    • I don't believe I've ever heard of a Duck Tolling Retriever so I did whatever every curious guy does these days. I Googled them. Looks like a good dog.
    • I have my annual eye exam today. I better get going.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning bbb

Applied for a sit for a goldendoodle not too far from Raine and Tom. There were lots of applications so hope we at least get a call back. Timing wise it's not perfect but pretty darn good so we applied anyway.

Going to be a wash out today but warm so will probably strap on the rain jackets and head out for a walk soon. Our friends work at the dining table all day so we try to leave them alone so they finish faster and we can have the afternoon and evening free. We went to see live music last night. Bar not too crowded and music was good...Joan Jet-ish.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Yoga class this morning and this afternoon,
    Mary, main problem I see with folks who have had thyroid removed is doctors look at text books to establish levels instead of individuals. They have a problem understanding every body is different. You have to be your advocate.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Hope to get in a little shop time, today. Have a small hollow form I have been working on and want to finish up.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    I agree Sam, but pretty hard for me to advocate what a normal TSH level for "me" is. How do I know? I feel like if the test shows in the range they go with that.its been in the normal range since surgery. I'll see what today's comes back at.