@itsmegina
    @rachelrjh
    @kerdil08
    @888Angie888

ekmnci04uf0x.png

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I’m glad you got to spend some quality time with your son. That’s always a blessing.

@minstrelofsarcasm I wish one of my vices was exercise, lol. But I’m working on it!!! 😉. Thank you for the baking tip I am going to have to try this!!! I want brownies. Lol. I probably don’t need them so I’ll try that next weekend. You know get myself back on track first.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@rachelrjh - totally have to echo what others have said, there's no way that you've put on 3lbs overnight! Weight can fluctuate a lot and it sounds like the combination of the injection and prob high sugar/sodium from binge foods are to blame here. I'm sure it'll go back to something more 'normal' the next day.

@KellieLou412 - welcome! Nice to have someone else for the UK side :D This is a really supportive group and am sure it will help you on your weight loss journey x

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - cake is totally my downfall! I almost wish I could actually get to the stage where I eat it so rarely it makes me feel ill lol. Hope you get your gym back together soon.

@ljdanny - that does sound like a super busy week! Glad you got to see your granddaughter on her birthday - they do just shoot up! Rather sad as one of my good friends' little boy was 1 yesterday and still haven't got to meet him :( Hopefully soon!

@kandi3570 - we all have bad weekends sometimes, like you said today is a new day! And well done on the not smoking.

@minstrelofsarcasm - hope you're doing ok, I'm with you in that the mental health has not been great this week - my therapist basically said to me that lockdown is the equivalent of us all going through a trauma and we need to be a lot kinder to ourselves if sometimes we struggle to cope. I know the exercise helps you but try not to overdo it too much and hurt yourself x

@sleepymom5 - I'm so glad you and your son had a good day. I don't know if I count as one of 'you young people' (lol) but I know for pretty much all occasions this past year the only gift I have really wanted is to be able to see my parents and get a hug. Hopefully soon!

Managing to stick to the calorie goals so far this week. Sleep is still a bit screwed up though, which is not helping. Need to get back into my routine! Did paint my nails last night, which haven't done in a while and always give me a wee boost :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,071 Member
    Options
    Another member heading your way .... She use to be on this team a few years ago... Please welcome @gottagetthisdown :)
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Sounds like you had a great time! I understand the doing well/not doing well roller coaster. Seems like I do that often. We all know what to do, you'd think it wouldn't be so difficult for us.🙄😁

I've lost and gained the same weight since I was an adult. Now that I've been told there's arthritis in my knee, hip and back I really need to get rid of the weight for good. We can do it!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @ljdanny

I was told the same thing. It would need to be done again and I would really rather not have it done at all if I can help it....which means getting rid of the extra weight.

Breaking the bones in your knee and rebuilding it sounds pretty bad too. I can see why you panicked and chickened out. I would have too.

I hope the eye doctor can help you with your vision issues.

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping up with my plan to do Silver Sneakers videos at least twice a week. It has been mostly slow moving like yoga and balance exercises so far. My apple watch gives me credit for a minute or two each time.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support team. You guys are the best😀😀😀
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    week 4
    PW: 208.2
    CW: 207.4
    + .4
    I"ll take the small gain. I did pretty well most of the week with eating. Not a lot of exercise.

The days I didn't do well with eating was Sunday....don't know what my problem was but I kept eating all day...almost like a teenager with a bottomless pit.

Last night one of my book clubs met for the first time in months. We didn't have a book to go over but we met to catch up and have dinner together. We usually do that a few times a year. The plan was not to overdo it but there was so much good food I overdid it anyway. Oops.🙄😁
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and over
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video and PT/stretching

Good day until I had sushi for dinner, then I decided to have prosecco with it because I don't have sushi often, then I thought it would be nice to have some chocolate with it...Oh well, new day today.

Jim and I are going to get our vaccines today. We qualify because of our weight. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I hope the side effects aren't too bad. We heard that if you had a severe case of Covid that your side effects will be pretty bad. Sounds like they will be gone in 24 hours and the side effects are flu like so that won't be too bad. It will be worth it not to have to worry about him getting it again. I don't think he could survive another round with Covid.

@pacsn6 I really don't know how apple watch decides what is exercise and what isn't. I can be exhausted and it only counts 1/4 of my workout. Now when I workout I set mine to "play" and it counts every minute you workout.
    @lennoncpa My son passed his last CPA exam and he already has all his hours in so he is applying for his CPA license!
    @rachelrjh The weight fluctuations are frustrating! I am glad that you are back down :)
    @tryingagain5 The scale is going in the right direction, even after a night you splurged so that is good. I didn't have the greatest night last night either but I am working on my overeating. I am trying to figure if I am truly hungry or just eating because it is good. I find sometimes I just have the urge to eat. It is not as simple as one would think.
    @minstrelofsarcasm Have you seen this? Lol! I thought of you and your spinning class Maybe this is what I need. I love the part with the rear mirror :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CwNpMmUfY
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Did you mean to say you lost almost a pound? That's what your numbers say. Congrats on that. I find that if I overeat a day or two before my weigh in day, I drop a little so maybe the key is to throw your body a curve ball so it doesn't know what's coming next?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Rest day today. My calves are incredibly sore, almost to the point where walking requires significant effort. But the good news is that my back muscles are the least angry with me when I have good posture, so at least I've got that going for me. Current plan is to go to cryotherapy today to reduce the amount of inflammation in my legs and spine. And this time I won't immediately ruin it by heading straight into a workout.

I"ll take the small gain. I did pretty well most of the week with eating. Not a lot of exercise.

@tryingagain5 - Small gain, definite loss, what's the difference?

sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm Have you seen this?

@sleepymom5 - Oh I have absolutely seen it. Guess my spin class persona is more overbearing than I thought, because that video has been sent to me by a good five people at this point! And I think I've got a good balance of positive reinforcement from the spin studio, and negative reinforcement from my own brain - the combination keeps me going without feeling horrible about myself.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    I find that if I overeat a day or two before my weigh in day, I drop a little so maybe the key is to throw your body a curve ball so it doesn't know what's coming next?

@pacsnc6 - That could be a sign of refeeding your metabolism! Your body needs to have energy to process the food you put into your body, to convert that into more energy. If you have been in a deficit for a bit, your metabolism slows down to use as little energy as it can to keep your systems running. And when you pop out of that deficit, even just for a day, your metabolism takes that as a sign to make up for some of the work that's been piling up on its desk. If that makes sense.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 4
    PW (Previous Weight): 205.6
    CW (Current Weight): 205.6

Wow! So sorry I haven't been on. We do the walk through tomorrow and close on the new house on Friday. Lots of stress with all the things that need to get done with the new house and the old. I will try my best to post my weigh ins.
    Thanks as always for all the support and prayers.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Sorry. I posted my weights the wrong way.
    No wonder everyone is confused.
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 208.2
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@rachelrjh - glad the scales are behaving again! It's weird how much it can shoot up and down just overnight

@tryingagain5 - only a teeny gain so am sure you'll be back in the right direction this week. Glad you got to meet with your book club, sounds like fun :)

@jedaschultz - moving house is super stressful, hang in there and I hope it all goes smoothly!

@sleepymom5 - lol, that so sounds like me - I'll have one 'naughty' thing and think, well this would be nice with it, or if I'm having a cheat day I may as well have that too *sighs* Glad you're getting your vaccines, hopefully will be all fine - most people I know who've had it so far seem to be having little to no side-effects so fingers crossed for you. I'm sure will def be a relief to have it anyway x

That video was hilarious! I especially liked the bit with the old woman who was kicking their *kitten* - this happens to me all the time :D
    @minstrelofsarcasm - I guess if you ever need a second job, you know what to do lol!!

Been an ok day, went over my cals but have been very low the past few days so not stressing it too much. Was also really happy as since I was wearing a dress over leggings today I got out my boots - they come to about mid-calf but I normally wear them with the top rolled over as I have annoyingly fat ankles and calves and can never get boots to zip up. Well, today, they actually did - woot!

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well! It has been quite a while since I posted. I had a whole post typed & hit something on my keyboard and it got wiped out :neutral:

I have been feeling very unmotivated, but my number on the scale & the way my clothes are fitting is enough reason to get back on track! I know that once it starts to get warm out & my clothes are too tight, I will be very upset with myself! Honestly, the crap & have been eating & my lack of exercise has definitely affected how I am feeling. I need to stay on track for my health! I am 49 & it is not going to get easier as I get older!

I found out I have arthritis in my left knee. I was experiencing some discomfort & swelling. I went for a MRI, which I did not enjoy even though my head was not in the machine, and the results showed I have arthritis. I am using Voltaren cream & taking Glucosamine which seems to be helping.

I am going to try to keep up with everyone's posts, it definitely helps to keep me on my game!

@sleepymom5 good luck with the Covid vaccine. My hubby got both doses, he got the Moderna one, I heard the Pfizer is better. My hubby did not have Covid, so that may have been why he was not too bad. He had flu-like symptoms after the 2nd dose for about 24 hours. My father in law got both doses of the Pfizer & her was fine after both.
    That Peloton (Pelotaunt) SNL video was hysterical! I was cracking up! Thanks for sharing!

Have a great day! :smiley:
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 thats awesome about your son passing the CPA exam. That’s a great accomplishment and you should be very proud of him🎊🎉
This discussion has been closed.