Peloton bike (starting weight when you ordered the bike)

Options
gkozens
gkozens Posts: 1 Member
Hi,
I am using the Peloton app as I am over the recommended bike weight. I'm wondering for people who bought the bike what your starting weight was and if you think you had bike issues due to the weight. I would like to purchase one but I need to decide what that "bike friendly" weight would be as I don't want to invest in the bike and have it damaged right away. I have read forums about the bike seat height slipping for some people and needing to have the bearings replaced. Also issues with the pedals. I'm just trying to do complete research before I invest. Basically the question is were you close to the 300LB limit of the bike when you started using it and did you experience any issues with the bike you think were related to your weight. Thanks for reading this!

Replies

• goldenleaf
    goldenleaf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - sort of late to respond, but the issues I would see are standing on the pedals and leaning on the bars. I'm about 200lbs. I'm sure there are lawyers in the back room (particularly post treadmill issues) trying to measure risks and possible strength of the bike components. The seat post is quite robust so just looking at it, doesn't seem that would be an issue. But, pedal crank arms and the support for the upper bars may be weaknesses. That said, there is no reason you need to stand right away or at all -- you can sit in the saddle and often generate as much power or more as standing. I often find standing causes little twinges here and there in my calves and ankles. Many coaches (Matt Wilpers) encourage staying in the saddle.