Saturday 2.6.21 Cuppa Joe

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"I want to be able to say that I contributed more than I criticized." - Brene Brown

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    We ended up going virtual for today, thank goodness. If not, I would have been on the road more than an hour ago. I'm guessing we'll have at least 1 workshop today where no one shows. These groups are seriously TINY. Only 2 were signed up for the early one!

That gives me time between workshops here to prepare for our big Valentine's thing tomorrow, too. There will be a big post to come, and it's not what you think. Stay tuned tomorrow night! :smiley: I can't say anything more right now on it.

Our dogs got into the Valentine's candy last night while we were out. They did that a couple years back, too ... UGH. I'm pretty sure it was mostly Lily, the little one. She vomited about a dozen times, and is acting pretty miserable today, just lying on a towel beside me right now. We were up most of the night. That makes me even more glad that I don't have to be gone all morning.

Sam, you talked about Communion and then immediately the Boston Butts, and I thought, "Huh. Interesting Communion choice, but okay." I'm sure the pastor could pull a message out of that analogy!

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Lisa, you are up early. Sorry about Lily. That sounds like me when I get stressed and overeat until I feel sick. Sometimes I wish I could barf, but I am barf averse. Hope she feels better soon.

So are the butts ready for pulling or slicing? I would partake in that communion.

Dog training today.

BBB OP ;-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Morning -

Perfect serene morning on the Mid-Atlantic. Calm before tomorrow’s snowstorm.

WI (as I predicted) was a bust today. Up .6#. Not sure why. Stayed OP all week. Oh well.

Anxious to read the big announcement Lisa.

Dennis - waiting inside a dealership for any service is not good for me. “......it will take 45 minutes for an inspection??? Well yes, I would like to take this new beast for a test drive” Hahaha.

Prepping for big game tomorrow. Trying to bring my own snacks (lo cal ranch and veggie platter) - to avoid the copious wings and beer planned by the host.

Off to SBUX for a pick me up. .6#🤬🤬🤬🤬
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Ok Lisa. In the back of my mind I have a guess what the surprise is but I'm not saying anything. I'll let you know if I was correct. Either way I know your party will be marvelous.
    • Skip, I stayed inside the waiting room and did not enter the sales area. Nope, didn't do it.
    • I spent most of the day yesterday finishing the murder mystery I've been reading. Nice way to spend a quiet afternoon.
    • Today I plan on a grocery store trip before the rain comes.
    • I don't know if Boston Butt is sacred but it is well revered in the South.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I worry about those of you with your big get togethers. Hope it all goes OK.

Got out to walk twice, yesterday: with DW in morning, then solo in the afternoon. Got in a bit over 10 miles. Not a hike, but enough to feel a little fatigue. Looks like a steady rain, today, so I'll just do our normal four miles.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Our guests left around 4am. I said my good byes last night. They are hoping to make it to St. Louis today.

Going to do some housework then ???

We have been eating plant based whole food (vegan) since end of December. While dining out in Friday we got egg in our Pad Thai. Ron's system isn't happy so we will probably stay pretty close to home today. I must get better about asking menu questions or not eat out.

I too have a guess for Lisa's surprise. Hope the dogs feel better soon.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I'm pretty sure Lisa's announcement involves garden gnomes displayed in compromising positions. And if it doesn't, she still has time to rework the announcement to work that in.