Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends doing Curves

crudd123
crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
Hi, I'm Cathy and I'm doing Curves diet plan and working out at Curves. Looking for ladies doing Curves. I'm also doing Curves Complete and have lost 20 pounds since June 6th. Please feel free to friend me! Cathy

Replies

• bhealthyagain
    bhealthyagain Posts: 41 Member
    Hi Cathy, I have my first consult with Curves on Wednesday. I will be joining as soon as my daughter starts school again. So next week! I am excited to begin! I am also doing Curves complete! Wow 20 lbs already!! Good job that's awesome! I am aiming for great results as well. Can't wait to start working on a healthier me!!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    I just started back, I had did Curves about 2 years ago and lost 30 pounds, lots of inches & body fat.... I stopped October of last year and in the time I have gained all of it back and then some.... BUT my first workout back was this morning & it felt great!
  • thejessjones
    thejessjones Posts: 15 Member
    I have a Curves consultation after work today. It's pretty close to where I live, so it's easy enough to go right after work and on the weekends... I've always had a gym membership, but the older I get, the more 'out of my league' I feel when I go to the gym. The idea of having a coach and a meal plan is appealing. Personal trainers are SO expensive, but I need structure to know I am doing what I'm supposed to and I am hoping to see some real results. I'm 30 years old, 5' 5" and ~220 lbs. I've gained a lot of weight in the last couple years and I'm so tired of lugging it around everywhere.
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Hi Cathy.. I go to Curves but not on the diet plan. I go 3 times a week before work. Congrats on your weight loss! Feel free to add me.
  • bhealthyagain
    Going for my first Curves Consultation today on my lunch break!! I'm so excited to be starting this journey!!!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :heart: Hoping to hear that you all are rocking The Circuit at Curves!!
  • bhealthyagain
    So I had my first official workout at Curves yesterday! It felt great! They were so helpful. I feel so much more comfortable there! My meal plan kicks off on monday. I looked online at all of my options...I could not believe the amount of food that are still a part of my meals!!! WOW. This is not going to be hard to do at all!!! Can't wait to start seeing changes.! Feeling positive and confident!
  • bhealthyagain
    Does anyone know how to log Curves in the exercise?
  • tdorton
    tdorton Posts: 22 Member
    If you are using your Curves Smart key it will tell you at the end of your workout how many calories you burn. You can then log it manually under cardio that's how I do it.
  • bhealthyagain
    Been doing Curves Complete and Curves Smart for 3 weeks now and only down 1 1\2 lbs....this upsets me as i have been working my butt off!! I guess i expected too much. A loss is a loss but i thought it would be greater at the beginning. And i feel like i'm eating more on curves complete than i was before...a bit discouraged
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :heart: If you are new to Weight Training, that will affect your Weight Loss. Give it at least a month, and be sure that you are checking your measurements. You can easily be losing inches without losing pounds.
    :noway: Occasionally you might even Gain a little weight, but your Measurements will go Down!
  • bhealthyagain
    You are right, I am new to weight training. I have never stepped foot in a gym before. I have been lucky enough that i didn't think i had to as i was at a good weight most of my life. Now i know that i was just very uneducated :)

Thank you for the encouragement, i was wondering if maybe I didn't see a big change due to the fact that I am gaining muscle now? I get weighed weekly, i think they measure me monthly..i can't remember. But that date is coming up so hopefully you are right! I am not giving up that's for sure! Hopefully with more muscle, i will start to burn more fat :) Thanks again LJCannon!