March 20 Sign In

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Look at you, @donna25trinity: kudos!!
    And look at you too @lesdarts180: glad you were able to take a bike ride. I'm still sending you compassionate thoughts.

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout, [Session 13 of 20] (30) TOTAL: 30 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 195
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 25%
    Pass Days Used: (MAR16)
    Since my 40 lb KB is taking some getting used to, I've worked out my expected progression using a drop set approach with my 25 lb KB. However, I ended off the first week and then started the second week by advancing my workout progressions faster than expected.

The calendar has been adjusted as of MAR082021 to reflect that I may end up doing 8 sessions with only the 40 lb KB (not just 3, as laid out in the original plan). Still aiming for a consistent 30 min PR by month-end.

For the weekend of the 20 & 21, my times may be faster because it's the only time this month I'm not required to do the 3 sets of ancillary exercises (weighted squats). But, it's also the first time I'm using the 40 lb KB exclusively.

The number in yellow indicates the number of minutes taken to complete the workout that day

1145obbaebe0.jpg

Progression calendar based on original workout: The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Running, walking, stretching
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅ Yes, under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅ Yes

Passes used: 1 of 3
  • pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Three ✔️ s for.me again today. Went for a long walk this morning and noticed how many of the Texas wildflowers are starting to bloom. We're about a month behind schedule, thanks to the Big Freeze last month.

@donna25trinity Congratulations on meeting your goal! I know how much hard work that takes.

@lesdarts180 Still thinking of you. Sending love and light.
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Pass day #1 today
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    3 YES day. No winners circle but sticking with it.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    March 20, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 2/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    achagpar wrote: »
    @donna25trinity and @MadisonMolly2017 Thanks so much for your very supportive and helpful comments! It’s a work in progress... but I’m sure if I’m a bit more mindful, I can not try to eat my way out of stress... it never really helps, and you’re quite right, only gives me yet another issue to deal with...

March 20:

Exercise: Yes! 40 min BodyCombat, 25 min Zumba, 20 min walking workout
    Track: Yes!
    Under calorie goal: Yes! Barely,,, but still under, so I’ll take it!

Passes used: 3

@achagpar
    Barely under is perfect❣️
    Congratulations 💕
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes.
    Calories? Yes.
    Logged? Yes.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Mar 19 - pass day 3
    Mar 20 - yes x 3
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Exercise--yes, walking and stretching
    Calories--yes
    Tracking--yes

Passes used--2/3
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    20th March
    3 x Yes.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity Wow!! What great news!! as !MaltedTea commented,"Look at you!!" Excellent!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    No pass day today, despite being with my celebratory daughter, Catherine!
    Exercise: catch up active stretching for 25 minutes and 21 minutes of walking; plus some intentional stair climbing
    Calories: thankfully under my limit
    Tracking; good
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    I don't really understand 'macros'. I have set my goals to roughly 1/3 each of proteins, carbs and fats. Bit more carbs, because I like carbs, (starch mostly, not sugar, unless it's in fruit) but less fats. I often go over carbs, but not much, tend to be under or OK on fats, but don't usually get up to max on protein, mostly, I think, because I don't eat much meat. I can see why protein matters when you are a young, growing male, but why might a 69-year-old female, trying to lose weight, have to worry about getting enough protein? I try and keep carbs and fats under control, as they just seem to add flab to my belly and bum. I replaced the 'salt' column with 'Vitamin C' in my stats, as I know that I hardly eat any superfluous salt, but want to make sure I get enough Vitamin C, not because I am worried I'll get scurvy, but it seems like an indication to me that my food is fresh, healthy and contains lots of fruits and vegetables,
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    March 20

Pass day, this is the fourth one so I'm no longer within the winner's circle, but I'll try to be accountable for the rest of the month.

Goodnight.

That's how it starts, @thabit11 🌻! Just keep it going, you'll get the hang of it. And even if you'll be out of passes, you'll be surprized how little slips you'll have because of UAC. Just don't give up!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    I don't really understand 'macros'. I have set my goals to roughly 1/3 each of proteins, carbs and fats. Bit more carbs, because I like carbs, (starch mostly, not sugar, unless it's in fruit) but less fats. I often go over carbs, but not much, tend to be under or OK on fats, but don't usually get up to max on protein, mostly, I think, because I don't eat much meat. I can see why protein matters when you are a young, growing male, but why might a 69-year-old female, trying to lose weight, have to worry about getting enough protein? I try and keep carbs and fats under control, as they just seem to add flab to my belly and bum. I replaced the 'salt' column with 'Vitamin C' in my stats, as I know that I hardly eat any superfluous salt, but want to make sure I get enough Vitamin C, not because I am worried I'll get scurvy, but it seems like an indication to me that my food is fresh, healthy and contains lots of fruits and vegetables,

@Chinkiri
    Hey there!

https://khn.org/news/why-older-adults-should-eat-more-protein-and-not-overdo-protein-shakes/

This article has all the info I use, and explains the importance of protein for seniors & spreading it out over the day!

My teacher shared research with us that
    Protein and water should be spread out over the day.

Good fats & vegetables/fruits don’t need to be- ie we take a vitamin pill once a day. Our body hangs on to fats.

He had us spread starches across the day, too (blood sugar)

Eating more of your food earlier in the day led to greater weight loss & maintenance of the loss in older women when compared to those who ate largest meals at dinner.

Best,
    Maddie
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 31 min / 1.74 mi + crunches, etc
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

[Mon-Sat] Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? yes, abs
    Pass Days Used: 2/3
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    Thanks, Maddie @MadisonMolly2017, got it!