Humpday Cuppa Joe 2.24.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"I want to be able to say that I contributed more than I criticized." - Brene Brown

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    24 days until the OFFICIAL 1st day of Spring! Woot woot! And my birthday is the day before. It's like I was born, and the world had spring. HA!!! And the egotistical quote of the day goes to ME! :D

Wow! Germany is a long way away, Lee! I'm glad you can go visit. I hate that one of my kids is a whole hour drive from us!

Steph, I'm glad you had fun. :)

Dave, it sounds like you've got a smart son! The ongoing ability to learn, I think, is even more important than past knowledge aquired. I have a member who personifies this so well. He's a retired doctor, and his goal in life is to be open to learning and growing. He said that he's met too many people who, as they get older, get stagnant and stubborn and stuck. I really admire him! Because of that desire, he's humble and teachable and he invites community. He listens beautifully (to hear, and not to respond), which is kinda a rare trait in today's world.

What did your ds make you for dinner, Kelly?

((((((Sam))))))) gentle hugs as you recover from all those pokes. Yuck.

It's been a really powerful week of workshops, and I have 4 more today - in persons. More and more are daring to come in to the Studios. The vaccine is helping, I think!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

34 at yesterdays virtual meeting w/ Ms. Lisa - who continues to deliver the best workshops! BRAVO!

Long day at the office ahead and one week follow-up w/ Doc. Still not 100% but slowly improving each day.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers,
    skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Dennis, I imagine Germany was a pretty different place when you were there on tour than when you were born (assuming you toured there after the wall came down). Not sure which base DS#1 is going to. I think it is one of two places, either Ramstein Air Base or Spangdahlem Air Base. I should probably ask him.

A good engineer can fix anything, Dave. A good friend to have, and even better if he is your son.

Ouch, Sam.

Hoping you recover quickly, Skip. Easy goes it.

That is right, MARCH is your Birthday Month, Lisa. Anything big planned?

BBB OP ;-)
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Some better today, said within week should have full use of arms and leg,
    Got a long lecture about letting things go too long
    DMIL is laying low, but still complaining about being cold; it does not stop her from guzzling coffee while complaining about stomach and breast hurting.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Lee, the 12th Combat Aviation Brigade is at Ansbach, in Bavaria. They have 86 Apaches in the brigade. I suspect that is where is is heading, not to an Air Base (populated by those gentle folk in blue). Ansbach is nice and Bavaria is the best of Germany.

We scored two appointments minutes after the Army opened their COVID vaccinations to 65 and older. We get shot No. 1, this morning. This is the Pfizer vaccine, which I understand yields unpleasant side effects to shot No. 2, but we shall see.

I got an application from a golden retriever breeder in Yakima. That's a four-hour drive over the mountains, but at least we are back in the puppy hunt.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB

Hope everyone takes care of their hurts and procedures,, shots etc.. and feels better soon. I'm nursing an outside knee strain myself. Pulled it getting up into the F150. Uugghh

I was mia yesterday afternoon. Took half day off to deliver our roof rake to ds2. With all these snowstorms and now the temps in 40's this week, its imperative he got the snow off his house gutters so the melting snow doesn't backup, refreeze and cause ice dams that cause problems with water coming in thru ceiling inside. He did a great job. And I got to scratch Maddie dog and discuss wedding flowers with future dil. 198 days the count down in their kitchen showed.

Thats some luck Tiger Woods pulled thru that rollover crash. He's lucky to be alive. Now how bout the media stop and leave him and his past be. Let the guy recover in peace.

Lee, when will you know if Babe is expecting?

Dave good you got an appt. Those I know didn't have any side effects. Hope that's how it goes for you and Rita too.

Be well BBB

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • So Lisa's arrival brought the sun out, the birds started singing and the flowers bloomed? Yeh, I can believe that.
    • When I was born in Germany it was still Allied occupied country. Twenty years later it was pretty normal. I've been to both Ramstein and Spangdahlem and both are in nice areas. Dave is probably right though, Ansbach makes mores sense. Bavaria is beautiful.
    • Glad to hear you got scheduled for vaccination Dave. DW and I should get our 2nd shot tomorrow.
    • I don't imagine anyone in GA owns a roof rake.
    • T-17.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Spoke with my brother, who has had both Pfizer shots. He and my sister-in-law had no adverse effects, other than a sore shoulder. Seems, the younger you are, the worse the side effects. Nice to have something where old age is an advantage.