Saturday Cup of Joe 2/27/2021

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    I may never get caught up reading post but ...
    Sam - I hope you are better soon.
    Lisa - praying for negative results - I love your perspective. Thank you.
    BBB get together sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hang out.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Nice to see Raine starting things off.

It is getting close to the time of year when mangoes arrive in the Asian markets. So today, I think, we are on a mango quest. There is a large Filipino market up south of Seattle, so that is where we are going. March to June is about the time that you can get the good ones.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning gang

Hugs Lisa. Speedy recovery to the infected.

We are heading to Charleston later this morning. Couldn't find an airbnb that was within our 'budget' that also met all of our requirements, so staying at a Homewood suites with points.

Ron is all packed and ready to go so I hope he goes for a run so I can enjoy my coffee before we pack the car. We don't need to leave here until 10.

Excited to see and hear about the meet up. So exciting.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Lisa - oh no! So sorry to hear this. I know its boring. But thank you for taking the extended precautions! T&Ps all are safe!

Great WI this morning - down 3.9# again this week.

Headed to H&N later to enjoy some me time and will likely enjoy a couple hours with pals tonight watching game.

Cold/wet/rainy here.

Excited for the BBB roundup!

Good luck on mango hunt!

Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Skip, you a real loser! Congrats!

Lisa, prayers for all. Good job quarantining.

Steph. If you ever decide to come out of retirement, I think you could do well in the travel biz.

The Mango Hunters. By John Grisham. Dave and Rita had no clue of the twisted undercurrents in the mango trade.

Returning Keller to his owner today after my passport renewal appt at the post office. Driving up to Vermont. Babe really likes him other than just as a baby daddy. He is just a cool dog.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Lee - do you have a fedora with a feather sticking out and a long trench coat? Reminded of the Richard Pryor line....."pimping aint easy."

Asking for a friend......

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Sorry to hear about the Covid issues Lisa. I hope everyone is okay.
    • I had my 2nd shot on Thursday and I was one sick puppy yesterday. It appears I am much better today which seems pretty normal for the people who do get the side effects.
    • Lisa, the new house appears to be fine. I appreciate the more affordable rate. I can see us all sitting around the fire pit.
    • Enjoy Charleston Steph, it's a great city with tons of history.
    • Happy mango hunting Dave.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Dennis, did you get Pfizer or Moderna?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Morning BBB

I hope you are ok and all others ok in Lisa's clan. Pretty hard not to hold babies!

Gonna miss going with you guys. I hope we can do another one in 2022! Glad to have had Kelly and Steph and hubs visit us this year. Our home is open to any passing through always!

Kelly when you coming to see ds1 again?

I'm researching shin splints. Yeap, I think thats my pain... hurt my leg bad. I think from treadmilling after little exercise. I'm icing it and taking ibuprofen. I could hardly get up some stairs last night, Hurt so bad. Thats what I get for being pandemic lazy the last year.

We were suppose to go look at RV's today thats not going to happen now. Darn. Too hard to do the up and down stairs I think.

Starting to plan a couples wedding shower for June with my sister in law and niece. Here at my house. I need to find a rental tent, tables, chairs, I think for about 24.

Then also trying to brainstorm and call around for the rehearsal dinner, the grooms family is taking care of it, thats me :smile: places are offering separate dining room setups.. but no buffets. So I think I'll do limited menu options, etc.let them have 3 or 4 choices...

Talking about doing the flowers too to save money, I am ready to increase some more $ to my donation to the wedding, to say just let's order them... we will see. Even so, they have a budget, a tight one.

Be well BBB hugs

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Dave - Moderna.
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    If they're okay with silks, I do weddings, Mary. The silks are WAY cheaper and can be done early so you're not scrambling in those last days. I could even give you any info you'd need to do them yourself. I've done around a dozen weddings (including all my daughters') ... I used to own a business doing it.

And we are really going to miss you, Mary. And Lou, too. I was sad that you had to pull out.
    I'm playing music at a wedding in Wisconsin in early June this year. I wonder how far it is from you? I honestly have no idea where it is.

Yay for your vaccine, Dennis! Woot woot!

Lee, I'm glad it's more than a one-night-stand for Babe ... she deserves love!

So Dd29 got her results, and she's positive. Their household, because of the kids and the potential for them to get it at any point, are quarantined for 20 days now, until March 16. We'll probably be doing regular grocery runs for them, provided we're healthy. So far I still feel fine, and it's Day 7 since I was exposed.

I had a frantic call from my manager this morning, actually. A Coach near us was sick (I didn't hear what), so another coach who lives closeby took her in-persons, which meant that that coach subbed out HER in-persons, and I took the virtual for that 3rd Coach. So, I did a virtual in Illinois at 8:30. I had a grand total of 10 minutes to get ready - thank goodness for makeup and hairspray! Ha! But I was glad I could help. This week's topic was, imho, spectacular. I was happy to get to do it once more before the week's end.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.
    Prayers for you all Lisa.
    I’m behind on reading. Just super busy.