Almost done with 30DS ... worried about the future

Options
nelinelineli
nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
Hi,

4 days left of 30DS - time for new goals and plans.

I was wondering what are your plans for after finishing 30DS? I would certainly hate to see all that hard work be lost, but I can't decide what to start next...

Replies

• JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just bought 6 week 6 pack abs, I really like it! It is not really a work out by itself, at least I didn't think so. It definitely works your abs, but is not an overall body workout, so I am doing it with my 30ds. I am working through level 2 right now on that. I asked in another thread here about other workouts and I think I am going to get the no more trouble zones next and instead of using the elliptical for cardio I am going to try her kickboxing video. I keep reading to mix it up and not do the same thing for long periods of time. So I would suggest just trying to mix it up or add something else, like a harder or longer video, up the weights for the video or just try something else.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    as far as i can see people will be moving on to

1 6 week 6 pack
    2 ripped in 30
    3 kickbox fast fix
    4 banish fat boost metabolism
    5 extreme shed and shred (thats the one im doing)

i will also be running, hiking, bellydancing as i have been but may be switching from running to joining the gym.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i just ordered 6 week 6 pack and ripped in 30. im going to see which one suits my level best.
  • nelinelineli
    Options

5 extreme shed and shred (thats the one im doing)

How do you find it? Did you jump to it right after 30DS?
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    i just ordered 6 week 6 pack and ripped in 30. im going to see which one suits my level best.

Oh please let us know what you think of them when you have the chance to try them out! I live in Japan and import fees are pretty high so I'm reluctant to buy DVDs blindly (especially since they take about 2-3 weeks to arrive)...
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    I just bought 6 week 6 pack abs, I really like it! It is not really a work out by itself, at least I didn't think so. It definitely works your abs, but is not an overall body workout, so I am doing it with my 30ds. I am working through level 2 right now on that. I asked in another thread here about other workouts and I think I am going to get the no more trouble zones next and instead of using the elliptical for cardio I am going to try her kickboxing video. I keep reading to mix it up and not do the same thing for long periods of time. So I would suggest just trying to mix it up or add something else, like a harder or longer video, up the weights for the video or just try something else.

I'm thinking in the same direction, mostly because I found NMTZ on youtube and I don't have to wait half a month for the DVD to arrive. I'm also thinking of throwing some yoga in there (JM's version) since it always sparked my interest. I'm just somewhat afraid that if I make my own workout schedule and do it badly I might lose the momentum I have and I'm terrified that if i stop seeing changes I'll quit altogether. Which is why I was wondering if someone has had a successful 30DS followup...
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you can always do the 30 day shred again. god. think of how easy level 1 would feel lol.
    i KNOW i will repeat it. im going to do one of the other ones for a bit and then do the shred again :)

you could *cough* download her videos from a torrent. *ducks and hides from internet police*
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    There's lots of other Jillian Michael's videos. And there's a lot of other videos out there in general. It really depends on what you enjoy.. dance, weights, running, cardio?
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to finish it. I keep getting injured one after another. :o/ (I will finish, it's just going to take awhile) My plan for after is since the kids will be back in school I'm going to try going to a Zumba class twice a week and run stadium stairs with a friend. (it will be open again) I might try one of the other Dvd's I have but I just don't think I'm a workout at home type of person. It's convenient but so boring!
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    There's lots of other Jillian Michael's videos. And there's a lot of other videos out there in general. It really depends on what you enjoy.. dance, weights, running, cardio?

As far as enjoyment goes, I can't say I associate it with workouts... They're unpleasant all throughout, and I dream of the day I'll find something I like, or i'll get that "Workout rush" everyone talks about.

I started this mostly because I was worried about my health - bones and joints in particular. I am not overweight - 23 BMI, about 28% BF - so I can definitely lose some weight and would do me good, but I'm in no "hurry" since my weight per se is not worrying me. I was however at the point where i couldn't do a single move without hearing a creaking sound from my joints, whether it was my ankles, wrists or hips. Now I feel that's vastly improved, but in the meantime I had a revelation while reading the MFP forums: bodies can be changed! Now I know that sounds painfully obvious but to be honest I grew up with the "you're meant to be curvy/that's simply the bum you were born with (low hanging, big, cellulite-ridden since i was 14) / you just have big arms" sort of mentality. Now browsing through all these forums I realized that's a lot of BS. Yes, we can't fix everything but as sure as h*ll we can improve stuff drastically.
    That's now my goal and I'm trying to figure out how to get there - and to be honest I am overwhelmed with the options: squats for my bum, strength training in general for definition, cardio to lose some more weight for those muscles to show, yoga for my flexibility (since that's the issue i was trying to fix in the first place), zumba and whatnot... I feel like trying to buy cereals in a mega-mall: 5 isles filled with tons of varieties and only 30 minute to get the shopping done.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Circuit training is going to be your best then. It has everything you need, you just need to find something you enjoy. I guess I'm weird in the aspect that I really enjoy working out. It's hard yes but I feel so inspired by it, it just makes me happy. Now I'm going onto insanity next month...that point of view may change as I've heard of people puking in their first days!

Have you seen turbo fire? That ones fun. Do you enjoy walking or jogging or running. I can tell you, for someone who never ran and with difficulties due to asthma...I fell head over heels in love with running. I can't wait to get back to it...also next month :)

Do you maybe need to have a few small exercise sessions through out your day? I've had friends that chose this route and had great results. Just three 15 min power workouts a day.

It really all is up to you but I suggest you find something you enjoy.