Bipap

Options
anawake13
anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
Are any of you on bipap/cpap? I was diagnosed with severe central sleep apnea/hyponea and am trying to use machine but struggling thought maybe one of you might have advice. I seem to spend hours awake which seems counter productive.

Replies

• Jadedraggin
    Jadedraggin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been on a CPAP for ... I can't recall how long - over 20 years. What issues are you having? Mask comfort? Machine too loud? Can't find a comfortable sleep position?
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have also had sleep apnea for almost 20 years. I had machines, but was on/off with using them. I just completed a sleep study and am waiting to hear about getting a machine. Will let you know how things are working out.
  • marci19602016
    marci19602016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with severe sleep Apnea 8 years ago. It took me at least two years to adjust to my CPAP machine. The breakthrough came when I switched to a hybrid mask that sits under my nose instead of on top of it. So much more comfortable and no nose sores or bruising from the old mask rubbing on the top of my nose. I now have 100% compliance. Honestly, I thought my CPAP therapy wasn't working. So I stopped using it for one week. I sure noticed a difference. I was exhausted and foggy minded. I started using it again and noticed a huge improvement in my headaches and energy. I now have energy to exercise and diligently follow my WW food plan. Like a weight loss program you need to "work the plan" to see results. Using your CPAP regularly is key. If it isn't working for you, return to your doctor and keep searching until you find what works for you. I had to be my own advocate. I'm glad I stuck with it. I've lost 20 lbs since using my new mask.
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have received my new machine, and it is a Godsend. I fall asleep like a baby. I get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, but it is good sleep.