Happy St. Paddy's Day Cuppa Joe 3.17.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When I count my blessings, I count you twice." - Irish Proverb

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Coffee is goooooooood this morning.

2 more days of this decade (counting today). I'm getting excited! A couple more packages arrived at our house yesterday, but my hubby made me promise to just leave them on the front step and not touch them. I'm cool with that ... I love surprises! I still have one left to open from my bff, too. So far she's gotten me a T shirt that says "Hello Fifty", a personalized candle, and a really pretty bracelet.

Yesterday was chilly ... our furnace broke down in the morning. Luckily it wasn't bitter cold outside, but I still did my evening workshop in a sherpa instead of the cute dressy outfit I'd had on earlier. Dh came home early and was able to replace the ingniter and now we're all toasty again. He's kind of a big deal. :wink:
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Happy St Patrick's Day BBB.

Babe is due April 25th. Funny how sweet she becomes when she is pregnant.

Jim moonlights as a furnace repairman? That is a big deal. Hard to imagine that I've known you for over a decade, Lisa.

Welcome to Todd. Hope he becomes a regular poster.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Great workshop with a great coach last night!

I am so glad you are enjoying the month of Lisa! 50 is a BFD!

I don't know why I am struggling with this so hard. A few short weeks before it too arrives! But hey, 1971 was the year we met Nike and enjoyed our first Starbucks!

Taking a page from the cool kids...... scheduling a no interruption weekly date night. This week we are headed to Seasons 52. Their broiled scallops are sinful!

Super busy day ahead! Last night my last call didn't conclude until 9:15p. This detail is fun - but SOOOOOO many moving parts!

Can't wait to see pics of Larry in FL enjoying new digs and the pool! HINT HINT!

Todd - jump in/join in the daily banter! Welcome a'board.....

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Yesterday's bike ride was 25 miles. It's been many months since we have ridden (prefer nice weather rides only) so will have some tender places today. Usually 3 or 4 rides gets you back in the saddle so to speak. The trail we found us a boat a 25 minute drive but it was nice so I assume we will go back today.

Happy pre-birthday Lisa.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Busy day. Dentist appointment later. Girls night tonight to enjoy green beer.

Last night we had 2 sets of friends over. I told them to bring nothing. I was happy to serve. I fixed a bunch of appetizers
    My best one was wings. I baked them first then tossed them in the air fryer to crisp them up. People raved.

We’re working on ideas and a business plan for ds2. We had the right people here. A banker, engineer, nurse, 2 small business owners and a cop. Ha.

Lisa the big 50 is no big deal. I did struggle a little too for some reason. I remember my mom turning 50 and how I thought that was so old. Ha.

Looking forward to babe’s pups and Larry in Florida.

Welcome again Todd.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I remember 50. That was when I retired from the Army, at the turn of the century. Sigh. Enjoy the extended celebration, Lisa.

Getting our second COVID vaccination, this morning. We have food already prepared, just in case we suffer side effects. I am optimistic that will not happen. We are getting Pfizer vaccine, and I know a bunch of people who had no consequences other than a sore shoulder.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    I don't know why I'm struggling so hard with this one. Like seriously, hard! Age has never bugged me before. I'm sure it will pass..... just fighting it kicking and screaming!

I don't feel old. I feel good! Healthy (minus the back pains). Love what I do. Have a super social network. Just really struggling with that number!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    DMIL is so jealous, she believes that if me or DW is doing something for someone else she is being deprived.
    Off to first yoga class, second late afternoon
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning BBB

Make sure your kilt is short enough to do a jig, long enough to hide your lucky charms.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy almost Birthday Lisa!

50 is Nifty, Skip
    Grilled Scallops, yum and so low in calories, high protien, ENJOy!

I'm looking to buy a popup camper (guest room). Since pandemic, lots of folks are camping, used inventory is low...

No corned beef here today, we made ruebens on Sunday instead.. I slow roasted the meat: wrapped in foil, on a rack in pan, with a little water in bottom of pan. Delicious!

Stay safe southern friends, looks to be some bad weather your way.

Be well BBB

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.
    • Today is good. I got to sleep in for the 1st time since DST started.
    • 50 is a significant birthday. Not that you are old but you start thinking more seriously about retirement planning. My definition of old is 10 years older than me. It is a moving target.
    • I had the munchies last night and gave in to a bag of Doritos. I expected a bad trip to the scale this morning and it didn't happen. What's that they say, "You get the weight you deserve but not necessarily when you expect it."
    • Have a uneventful visit with the Dentist Kelly.
    • I would do scallops over corned beef and cabbage any day.
    • I think I saw a picture of Larry at his new home on Facepage.
  • newmantjn
    newmantjn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Authenticity3. I was thinking back to the year I turned 50. I was in the middle of training for a half marathon. ... Now, my goal is to run 3 miles this year (Ugh). I think that was my first - as I had a goal of getting it in before I turned 50. Back then, it seemed like a rite of passage for a formerly fat guy to run a half marathon. This time around I'm concentrating on resistance training, with some cardio mixed in, rather than the other way around.

Today, I got my first Covid shot (which you already knew, due the tracker they installed). My wife got her second. I have a little arm soreness, but luckily, today is leg day, so all my arm has to do it hold on for squats and deadlifts.

@mcee1 - Our corned beef is on hold until tomorrow. We have some friends coming over and my wife was concerned that she might be on the outs, with her second dose, so we are celebrating a day late. We just spent close to a week with these friends at Big Sky and had a lot of fun skiing.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Dennis, Doritos, nacho cheese original, arnt too bad in the small snack size bag... 150cal..They are indeed tasty! I definitely don't want the family size bag around lol!

My 2 little buddies 5 and 6yrs. in the hood I help out with and hang around with, brought me a clover plant and a card. and cookies to share with Tom,. The card says its like the luck of the Irish to have friends like us.
    They are So nice! I wonder if Tom will miss his 2 cookies of the 4? ;)

What ya don't know can't hurt ya. RIGHT?
    I kid. He will get his 2. Oatmeal choc chip with pistachios (for the green effect,!)
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    I’m ready for tonight. I have my “go green or go home” shirt on.

I ran that 1/2 marathon once. I have a treadmill that I got two weeks ago. I’ve walked on it twice. Waiting for a remote control so I can watch tv down there.

I have no idea what I’ll eat tonight. Probably not a bag of Doritos but I will be drinking green beer!!

You’re right Todd. The tracker knows where you are. I’m waiting for a bit before I sign up.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    LMAO - I did a half and it about killed me. LOVE running - but 26.2 is just a bridge too far.

4 back fusions in 5 years - ended my running career. THOUGH - we are having a neighborhood wiffle ball tourney next month. I was able to get out there for practice and show some stride and skills. BACK felt fine. I'm taking that as a good sign. PERHAPS it was the looming 50 that made me more purposeful!

LOVE that you have young'n's in the hood that you have so much care for/with, Mary! My neighbors kids are sooooo sweet. Maddie (6) - makes me brownies every Memorial and Veterans Day - because she recognizes the importance of the service/uniform. Their kids are being raised to be great leaders some day. Warms (nay, melts) my heart!

SEVERAL green Miller's at Ye Watering Hole tonight.

Cheers,
    Skip